- 7 years ago
- Wedding: November 1999
I finally decided to start a moissanite thread after tons of research for someone like me who has always found it interesting, but who does not own any. I will start with this:
I remember seeing moissanite years ago in a local JCP and I always found it ineresting, but a lot has changed over the years, so please bear with me as I continue to learn. 🙂 Feel free to answer any of the questions below:
1. What does the term “warmth” mean when describing moissanite?
2. I recently read this press release by the C&C company here http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=95566&p=irol-newsArticle_Print&ID=1808473&highlight= and it described how future stock of moissanite under the Forever Brilliant label will be whiter and brighter. Does anyone have an older moissy and FB one to compare? Is the FB one truly the best white stone (out of all gemstones) that you’ve ever owned?
3. Any comparisons to the Amora Gem?
4. Any issues with cracking /chipping or dulling over time?
5. Does the moissanite sparkle when in extremely low-light?
6. Would you choose moissanite again, if given a choice?
7. For bees that have owned a moissy for lets say over 5 years: Are you concerned about overall value over time. For instance, if you wanted to change carat weight or shape for an anniversary upgrade, are you concerned that 5-10 years from now it won’t be worth as much as you paid for it?
8. Overall feeling about the C&C company, i.e. customer service, etc.
I thinks that’s all of the questions I have for now. Please note that I know everyone will have different opinions, and I welcome as much insight as you can give. This thread will not only help me, but tons of others that just can’t tell from pics and videos whether or not moissanite is right for them. In other words, I need more info than just how it appears. 🙂 Thanks to anyone that can answer some of these questions I have. 🙂