(Closed) Something blue is 9mm, or 2.75 carats. Post your rings of this size!

posted 8 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
703 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I want to see pics!

Post # 4
4887 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

My grandma gave me an awesome estate ring for my college graduation, and I’m wearing it as my something blue (I think).  It’s a 5 carat, rich blue aquamarine with side diamonds and set in platinum.  It’s a hunk of gorgeous and I’m pretty pumped about wearing it on my big day.  I’m at work right now but I’ll try to remember to take pictures when I get home!

Post # 6
4887 posts
Honey bee

I loves me some Etsy.  I’m addicted not only as a shopper but as a seller… it’s really an amazing site and I love it.  Your ring sounds gorgeous too!!!  Can’t wait to see pics.

Regarding wearing it out, I do wear it as long as my outfit/setting makes sense for it.  Special occasions for sure, especially when I know grandma will be there.  I’m 30 now so it doesn’t look as odd on my hand as it did when I was 23.  It definitely attracts attention but half the time I bet people think it’s fake and don’t say anything…which is A-OK with me! 

Post # 7
3148 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

@LittleAudrey: you might be able to ask the etsy seller to email you the photo.

9mm sounds like a good size to me, I don’t think it sounds too big at all. I like to wear really huge rings on my right hand. the bigger the better, I say!

Post # 8
4887 posts
Honey bee

You got me thinking about this ring today – I guessed at 5 carats but I talked to my mom and she said the honker is at least 7.  Took a couple pics, one next to my 1 carat center stone engagement ring.  I think I’m going to name this ring the Blue Beast.  Apologize for the nails!  I work with my hands and it was a busy day!  🙂

Post # 10
1230 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2008

My something blue 🙂 A blue topaz.  My husband gave this to me as a birthday gift leading up to the wedding to wear as my “something blue”.  Still love any opportunity to bust it out!

Post # 12
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I love big, blue rings.  I think these are beautiful!

Post # 13
477 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

My engagement ring is a 2.71 carat blue sapphire in a very slim halo, but I have a size 8 finger, so I think it looks pretty proportional on my hand.

Post # 15
994 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@LittleAudrey: I have a blue topaz about 3 or 3.5 carats, it’s not too big at all. I think you’ll love it!

The topic ‘Something blue is 9mm, or 2.75 carats. Post your rings of this size!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors