(Closed) Soooo it’s 2012….

posted 6 years ago in Holidays
Post # 3
2759 posts
Sugar bee

Last night we had another couple over and the four of us ate munchies and switched between watching Dick Clark’s Rockin’ NYE (and making fun of Pit Bull and all of his ridiculousness) and playing Wii Mario Kart. It was great fun ๐Ÿ™‚

Today was supposed to be my day off on my own, but poor Fiance is sick and came home early from work ๐Ÿ™ So now I’m babying him and keeping his butt in bed while I try and muster the energy to do stuff around the house like put away Christmas decorations and do laundry. We may order Chinese tonight, but it’ll depend on how he feels.

Post # 4
1278 posts
Bumble bee

We went to Christmas for my Mom’s side, first time for my SO to actually meet my cousins aunts/uncles besides a brief meeting.  Then we drove back and had a lovely dinner with his parents.  I was so tired from being on the road most of the day for the Christmas party (4-5 hours of driving) that I was in bed by 10:30!!!  I’ll be leaving my house soon to go spend the day with him!

Post # 6
4887 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

We attempted to go out to dinner but the lines were so long that we just ordered carry out.  We ate dinner on our couch, in fat pants and slippers and watched House. I fell asleep, he woke me up at midnight to smooch, then I was up for a few more hours. Watched Fergie be a ho bag in a pretty dress, went to bed around 2:30am.

It was lame, but it was glorious.  Exactly how I wanted to spend NYE together. A few years ago I would’ve balked at the idea of not putting on a very short dress with very high heels and getting very drunk in a crazy bar, suffering a very massive hangover the next day.  Now I’m old and boring and love it ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 7
1737 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

My SO worked last night (I hate third shift, seriously!) so we shared a glass of champagne before he left. We (my 3-year-old and I) were supposed to go up to my mom’s house, but, well, I really didn’t want to. Ever since my sister moved back home, the house reeks of cigarettes, which also makes my allergies go haywire, and the tension there is unbearable. My sister is not a nice person, simply put. New Year’s is my favorite holiday. I wanted to spend it happy! So I hung out at home with my little girl. We opened her Christmas presents (she spent Christmas at her dad’s so I saved her gifts for NYE) and then played with baby dolls and fingerpaint and play-doh until she crashed. I rang in the new year with my dog and a bottle of chocolate milk, watching the ball drop on CNN. Then I chatted on the phone with some friends, watched some TV, and went to bed around 4. Maybe a bit boring, but I feel way too old for the party scene! Today we’re hanging out at home, then taking the little one for a playdate in the afternoon. SO works again tonight, so he’ll be sleeping all day. Ugh.

Post # 8
299 posts
Helper bee

Our bachelor/bachelorette parties were Friday night, and we both spent yesterday bumming around and working on wedding stuff.  Today I think I’m going to work and do more wedding stuff – only 6 more days!!!

Post # 10
6823 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Well yesterday started out having Christmas at DH’s brothers house with DH’s parents.  Then early evening DH’s parents were to babysit muchkin and DH’s brothers little girl. While we all went out our seperate ways.

Darling Husband and I went to a friends house for the evening. There was food and drink and teenagers. My Girlfriend has two teen daughters who had quite a few friends over. Darling Husband and I besides my Girlfriend and her husband were the only adults. We played a few game of cards and then it started to rain out then changed to snow. So we boughed out early due to we didn’t want to drive in crappy weather after we picked up our son and be out with drunks out.

So sat rest of evening home watched the ball drop at midnight and then went to bed

Post # 11
1278 posts
Bumble bee

@Mrs_Amanda:  It was fun!  He had met my Dad’s family a couple times before, but the first official one for my Mom’s extended side!

Post # 12
1844 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

My Fiance was actually at home for NYE. It was the first time in about 3-4 years, so I was really excited :-). We started out at my mom and stepfather’s house. We ate dinner with them and another friend, and then played games on the Wii. We then headed over to his brother and sister-in-law’s place at about 9:00. Both families (his and hers) were there, which was a good group. We had a cheese fondue, as well as a chocolate one, and celebrated. We stayed over until about 1am, helping to clean up.

Today, I watched all sorts of chick flicks. TBS was my friend! Then, Fiance and I got together. We hooked up his new XBox 360 and Kinect. We played the Kinect Adventures. We got some dinner at Panera and then watched more TV. It was a very low key, relaxing day!

Post # 13
5668 posts
Bee Keeper

I went to a coworker’s party and stayed until just after midnight. She was smashed and all over her SO by that point so it got a bit awkward, haha. After that Fiance and I headed to our local bar and stayed there until about 3:30am.

Today I’ve just been enjoying a lazy day, working on designing our invites and hanging out on the ‘Bee. I also watched quite a bit of a Pawn Stars marathon.

Post # 14
1944 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

We went to Darling Husband cousins house for a huge gathering of our friends. We stayed till 4 am and almost 24 hrs later, I’m still recovering. I forget I’m almost 32 and not 22; I don’t snap back so quickly now!

Post # 15
395 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Mother-In-Law, BIL, Darling Husband and I went to the mall, ate at Olive Garden, and came home. Darling Husband and I sat on the couch and kissed at midnight, and talked until about 1:30, then crashed. 

Today, we all went to a buffet that included cabbage, black-eyed peas, ham, etc.  and ate. Then came home and relaxed. Mother-In-Law and I discussed our plans for our weight-loss goals, and we watched some Zumba videos. 

Very family oriented, wholesome fun! I love it! Wouldn’t have had it any other way.  

The topic ‘Soooo it’s 2012….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors