- 6 years ago
My partners ex is refusing to let my Stepdaughter (4) go and have some play therapy to help sort out her anger issues from their seperation. Ex has anger issues hence does not see SDs anger issues to be a problem.
Ex moved out of her BFs with SD to take her from the school catchment area to try force SD to go to the school of exs choice with no imput from my SO AND to seperate her assets from her defacto BFs to try get more money from us for SOs and her divorce settlement. (Its been dragging on for years.)
However she’s still with her Boyfriend or Best Friend, so poor SD is having the distruption of living between three houses. But we’ve ironed out the school and settlement issues so hopefully she’ll move back soon and SDs routines can be reestablished.
She’s simultaneously blaming all SDs problems on my partner while refusing to let her get help. Soo now, after we just gave her an obscene amount of money (that we didn’t have) for settlement just to stop it dragging further on and having to go to court again, we will probably have to go to court anyway to get SD the help she needs. I could just weep.
The family psych we have started to see was grim faced after we told her what the ex has been up to. We’ve got a long uphill road ahead of us.
Butttt. If I let this crush me, then we will all lose. So I’m doing my Gratefuls: feel free to add your own!
1) I have an amazing, loving man to fight beside who will never give up on the children or I.
2) Our kids are strong, funny, smart, talented and brave and we will get them any help they need.
3) Even though where i’m employed the pay is bad, and the work is hard, I am so blessed to be able to work at a job where most my patients walk out smiling and I’ve hopefully made a small difference by being gentle and kind.
4) My friends and family are incredibly wonderful. I have a small loving army to call on at any time.
5) Even though it’s small, leaking, and riddled with asbestos, we are slowly and safely carving away at the renos on our house and making it nicer and safe to sell.
We are so blessed in so many ways.
Blessings and Happy Monday to you all! 🙂