(Closed) Sottero & Midgley ASM3297

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
108 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@lovespink: That’s my dress πŸ™‚ I saw it online, found a store that carried it, tried it on, and ordered it. First and only dress I ever tried on, and I’m 100% happy in my decision. I’m the kind of person who takes weeks considering which dress to wear for a special occasion, but with my wedding dress, I just knew! Soon as it arrives and I go for my first fitting, I’ll take pics and show you! πŸ™‚

Post # 5
108 posts
Blushing bee

@lovespink: I’m excited for you too!! πŸ˜€ I won’t be getting mine until September unfortunately because I don’t live in the states, so it’ll take 5 months to make and around a month to ship to where I live in Europe (to the one and only shop that’s a registered retailer here!).

I originally wanted to try on the Champagne / Gold one, but they only had Ivory available at the store and when I saw the Ivory I had a change of heart. Also my colour scheme is Ivory and Silver and I didn’t want the dress to clash!

You wont be disappointed… it truly is MUCH nicer in real life than in the photos. The top is embroidered with Alencon Lace and COVERED in Swarovski sparkling A/B beading, as is the trim, and the train is just regal! It’s to die for! πŸ˜€

Post # 7
108 posts
Blushing bee

@lovespink: It’s very heavy, as it’s dutch satin, but I love the heaviness as it makes it feel all the more regal! I don’t think i’d like a light flowy dress. I bought it originally thinking i’d sell it after the wedding but I dont think i’d be able to part with it! Seriously, you’re gonna love it πŸ˜‰

Post # 8
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Hi there,
I was just wondering where you bought ur asm3297 dress from? I really want it too! πŸ™‚
Thank you very much!

Post # 9
471 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@lovespink: I ordered this dress without ever seeing it in person! I absolutely am in love with it too. I have never seen anything like it. I’d also like to see more pictures of it on real brides!

Post # 10
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@Claire_2010 (message)

Thank you for sharing this information about the dress. It’s comforting to know that i’m not the only bride who ordered a dress without seeing it in person or trying it on. I already ordered my ASM3297 and should arrive end of July. I called around to over 15 boutiques but nobody had one to try on. After trying on so many dresses i realized that nothing measured up to how I felt for this dress. I ordered it in white and thanks to all your feedback I feel even better about it. Once i get my dress i’ll take pictures to share since i might be the first one to receive it!! πŸ™‚

Post # 11
471 posts
Helper bee

@leslietrillo: I ordered Alfred Angelo 2187 in November but couldn’t get this dress out of my head, so I ordered it and I’m gonna have to sell the other one. Mine also comes in sometime in July! πŸ™‚

I never thought I’d be someone who could order a dress without ever seeing it in real life!

Post # 13
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Hi, I asked everywhere! Since it’s old collection i cannot try it on anywhere. I am hoping someone will be selling it soon πŸ˜‰
Let me know If your one is for sale. My wedding is in June 2012.
Thank you 

Post # 14
471 posts
Helper bee

Have any of you decided if you’re wearing a necklace with this dress? The neckline is just so pretty I’m not sure if a necklace would help or distract. And since I won’t have it until a month before the wedding… I thought I’d ask our fan club πŸ™‚

Post # 16
471 posts
Helper bee

I called to double check updates on mine, and they said the latest it will ship is July 4, but it could definitely be faster than that. I almost wish they wouldn’t tell me there’s a possibility of it being here before then, because I get my hopes up. πŸ™‚

I’ll post pictures when it comes in!

In the meantime, I’d love to see if anyone has accessories for their dress yet. I have my shoes and my headband, but I’m still lost as to what jewelry I’ll wear.

Here are my shoes:

And here is my headband:

I’d love to see what everyone else is wearing with this dress! πŸ™‚

The topic ‘Sottero & Midgley ASM3297’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors