(Closed) South Beach BeeBuddies for 2011?

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
  • poll: Will you join me on the South Beach Diet?!
    Yes! Let's do it! I want to eat healthier! : (13 votes)
    87 %
    No. I'm lazy and I like my junk food too much. : (0 votes)
    I don't believe in diets. : (2 votes)
    13 %
  • Post # 3
    2538 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2009

I did the South Beach before my wedding.  I don’t really think of a it as a diet because it’s all about healthy lifestyle changes.  Phase 1 is diet-like though…

Here are my staples in case you want ideas:

colored bell peppers, hummus, low fat cottage cheese, low fat string cheese, almonds, laughing cow cheese, fat free sugar free jello pudding, crystal light, hard boiled eggs, celery

for dinner we often made turkey tacos with lettuce shells (substitute cottage cheese for sour cream…inside the taco it tastes the same!)

grilled filet mignon with green beans on the side (filet is the leanest steak)

we would also pick up chicken breasts and cucumber salad from a thai place

or El Pollo Loco

Good luck!

Post # 4
    3176 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

My sister has lost 70 pounds and counting on south beach. I’m starting up in January!!!

Post # 5
    818 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2009

I’ll join you! I did SB about 3 years ago and had great results. I found the biggest thing for me is to have somebody to be accountable with. I did SB with a roommate and we kept each other in check.  Also, we found ways to treat ourselves. For instance, there are 2 dishes at Cheesecake Factory that can fit SB phase 1 and we would treat ourselves out every 2-3 weeks (during happy hour so that the bill was maybe $10 total).  I need to get back into SB.

Post # 8
    2538 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2009

Ground turkey…the extra lean kind and then taco seasoning.

Post # 9
    818 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2009

The easiest way to tell if fish is done is to put a fork in the thickest section and twist. If it flakes, you are good to go.

Post # 11
    3 posts
    Wannabee
    • Wedding: July 2011

I started Jan 1st! I’ve lost 30 pounds before in highschool and wanted to graduate thin- i gained about 15 of it back in college and want to loose it again. Anyway- I am doing well and really don’t have cravings. I noticed though after I eat sugar free jello I start to crave bad foods – so i am limiting it. I also am lactose intolerant but take lactaid pills which seem to help alot. my secret is cailiflower + low fat chive cream cheese and low fat sour cream- cook it and put it in the food processor and its just like mashed potatoes! also if you are craving a crunch ( like you get with chips) get flavored pork rinds – just limit your intake because its high in sodium. I also eat their quiches in the morning- I am usually in a go in the morining and I just make a batch of veggie quiches in foil muffin tins and freeze them- I pull two of them out of the freezer, pop in the microwave and I’m good to go. So excited to hear about your progress so far!

What exercise are you doing? I just started Zumba classes and even though I probably look like a monkey doing it, it’s a lot of fun!

Post # 12
    3 posts
    Wannabee

oh also i just made up a new recipie for mini meatloafs-

extra lean turkey or beef chuck

peppers / onions

jalapenos (optional)

a dash of eggs whites

no sugar added ketchup

mix it up and put in 12 foil muffin tins- bake for like 20 minutes. you’ll have extra – keep a few in the freezer and pop one out if your craving a quick snack – very delicious!

Post # 14
    109 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: March 2011

im in! & just under 8 weeks until my wedding and I still feel like a sausage in my dress! Im nervous because I love carbs, i hope this works!

Post # 16
    446 posts
    Helper bee

Okay…I definitely need to read more about this diet but it seems healthy and amazing.  I’m in.

The topic ‘South Beach BeeBuddies for 2011?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors