(Closed) Spanx & Mermaid/Trumpet Dress

posted 12 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
8375 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

It sounds too small, maybe. I bought one of those in medium–i was all “oh this fits great!” in the store, then wore it out and was like, yanking it up all night. Also, I pulled on the top of it. Once the top is stretched out a little it doesn’t roll down so much. I”d maybe think about cutting it in the back–maybe 1/2″ to give it some give with a V in the back. Just enough that it doesn’t roll down, but not enough so that it tears (a few stitches may help) or is obvious through your dress

They make spanx with cups in it and some that go a little higher than the “high waisted” ones to avoid that.

Post # 4
336 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

I have a trumpet dress and am wearing a corset from Frederick’s plus the high waisted spanx. I’m wearing the spanx under the corset and that seems to really smooth everything out. Also, do you have the shorts style spanx? They really help smooth out the butt and thighs with the fitted gown. Good luck!

Post # 6
232 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

i’m probably wearing a bustier type thing — actually a “long line” bra — over the “pants smoother” type panx that hit below the knee. because, on me, any spanx/smoother/body shaper/ etc that hit mid-thigh leaves a really unattractive indent around the leg line. not hot.

tip: check out nancy ganz body slimmers/body shapers. she made them waaaay before spanx, and maybe they’ll suit your figure better.

or: did you get the low-waist spanx, the normal-waist spanx, or the high-waist (that sits up on the ribs)? maybe a different waistline would help?

Post # 7
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I am wearing a long line bra under my trumpet gown. It cuts low in the back. I got mine off ebay!

[attachment=405717,53596]

The topic ‘Spanx & Mermaid/Trumpet Dress’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors