Post # 1
Hi Ladies –
I am sure some of you are planning on sparklers for your send-off – I know I was thinking of it until I learned my venue doesn’t allow it. I was at a wedding earlier today where sparklers were used, and mine exploded onto my hand while I was lighting it – I am in so much pain and I had to turn my back on the couple as they walked by as I was afraid they’d see me crying (in pain), it HURTS! If I still had the option of sparkers I would definitely be changing that, and I wanted to pass this on in case anyone was on the fence about using them. We’ve figured out that I have at least a second degree burn, and that sparklers burn well over 1200 degrees (some are hotter).
It has been three hours now and it is still excruciating and we are considering going to the ER (not really sure they can do anything though).
Post # 3
- Wedding: June 2009 - Red Fish Grill
Ouch! Thank you for the warning, smokipenelope. I hope that your hand heals quickly and you’re feeling better soon!
Post # 4
AHhh….! So sorry you got burned – that stinks!
My best friend had long (3 foot) sparklers for her send off and someone accidentally burned another person’s back and head with his sparkler. I think they are a bad idea myself – but i’ve seen the harm they can do. It’s too bad because they really make great pictures too…
Post # 5
Thank you, I was actually considering this. Yikes! I hope you feel better soon!
Post # 6
I thought about this too but figured it wouldn’t be too successful, since most guests are staying at the same place we will on our wedding night… there won’t be much of a sendoff.
I always also nervous about ash/smoke near my dress lol
Post # 7
Ouch sorry to hear that! I would def go to the ER. My FH is a emt and always has stuff from off the ambulance to take care of us. They will dress the burn(sometime with a numbing cream) and they can give you some extra strenght pain meds to take the edge off. Burns to that degree can be very dangerous if not kept clean.