(Closed) Special entree for the bride & groom?

posted 8 years ago in Etiquette
  • poll: do you think this idea is tacky?
    Totally. : (48 votes)
    56 %
    Eh...it's not so bad but I wouldn't do it : (26 votes)
    30 %
    I don't have an opinion either way : (1 votes)
    1 %
    I don't think it's bad at all. : (10 votes)
    12 %
    I am doing this! : (1 votes)
    1 %
  • Post # 3
    5388 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: December 2010

@sboston06: I would think it was rude unless the meals are different because of an allergy.

Post # 4
    610 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

I guess my vote would depend on what you’re talking about.  Is it a dish that means a lot to you and FH?  Like the first meal you had together or something similar?  I think that would be adorable.

Post # 5
    570 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2009

Why would this be done?  I would assume that one would be feeding one’s guests something that one approves of and finds tasty, so why wouldn’t one eat it?

Post # 6
    179 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

Im not doing it, but my Fiance is. we’re serving steak and salmon plates my fiancee wants both, so he’s doing a combo plate, it is more expensive but its still the same foods, just both of them

Post # 7
    10851 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2010

A friend of mine has some food OCD issues (honestly and truly, I’m not throwing that term around loosely), so she’s very limited in her diet. She had chicken fingers at the wedding and everyone thought it was adorable and very “her” since that’s basically what she eats 90% of the time it seems. I think if she didn’t have that issue and was eating something else, as a guest, I would think it was really strange. I would wonder if you thought the meal wasn’t tasty enough or if you didn’t like what the rest of us were eating, why you didn’t just have a different menu…

Post # 8
    3613 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

Unless you’re both vegeterians and you’re serving veggies dishes for yourself and meat for everyone else, I don’t think it’s a good idea. Even if they’re of equal quality, your guests won’t know this and it may look like you’re serving yourselves better than everyone else.

Post # 9
    1523 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

I wouldn’t do it, but Fiance and I don’t have allergies, pickiness issues etc…

Let me tell you this, if you are considering this because Fiance and you are picky eaters, are limited in what you eat etc go ahead and have a different entree. I went to a wedding where the bride and groom tailored the menu to groom’s tastes. The groom’s tastes are comparable to a little kids tastes…very very very picky. We had ham, scalloped potatoes and peas for dinner. It was weird and didn’t taste very good!

Post # 10
    6572 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: February 2010

are you having a sweetheart table or not? if it’s just the two of you, i doubt people will even notice.

Post # 11
    9029 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

i personally woudnlt do that.. but if you hav valid reasons to do so then you shouldnt care what ppl think

Post # 12
    376 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

No. If you’re serving your guests something that you don’t want to eat, don’t serve it to them.  A different meal just “because” makes me think that the food for the guests isn’t good enough for the B&G. 

If one of the B/G had an allergy, or if the guests were being served seafood and the bride doens’t like seafood, then sure. BUT, I wouldn’t do it just beacause

Post # 13
    711 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Seems rude to me….

Post # 14
    499 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

It’s one thing if you are getting to have both entrees offered to the guests like the one poster mentioned. However if you’re having something different entirely than maybe you should consider incorporating the meal you want into your menu somehow instead of having it just for the two of you. Esecially since they seem to be equal in price point.

Post # 16
    1020 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 2011

i’m doing it for the salad and appetizers but only because i have a terrible food allergy (tree nuts) 🙂

my fiance said the choices that had nuts in them were the best tasting ones, and we asked if they could make me a completely different appetizer, and a slightly different salad and they said yes. we are doing this because i would prefer NOT to use my epi-pen at my wedding!

don’t even get me started about the tree nuts..i tried to veto them completely for the wedding but i lost that argument. my fiance will be brushing his teeth after dinner for a good 5 minutes.

aside from my reasoning, i would think it was odd. everyone knows that im allergic, so i dont think anyone will mind.

The topic ‘Special entree for the bride & groom?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors