Post # 17
@Snow00774: Too much time on FB for me, clearly. I just tried to “like” your comment above. By far, the most exciting things to me are:
1. Readying the nursery
2. Hearing my husband say, “It’s a boy, or it’s a girl”–we want to be surprised at the gender and also plan to not share our secret baby names until LO is born. This is obviously the most exciting thing, I think. 🙂
3. This sounds so selfish–but being able to let go of some responsibilites at work. I take on too much and end up overburdening myself. I want to be able to enjoy my pregnancy. And, if I feel like crap, I will actually have time to feel like crap.
Post # 18
We aren’t TTC for a little bit, but I have baby fever majorly, so I’ll play!
1. Decorating the nursery – I’ve already got tons of ideas… Just need to narrow it down a bit!
2. Setting up a registry! I so look forward to obsessing over the best stroller and high chair and carseat, etc! I think that kind of thing is so much fun!
3. Sharing the excitement with Darling Husband… He is going to be SUCH a fabulous dad, and just thinking about him and a LO makes me teary-eyed
4. Telling our families. It will (most likely) be the first grandchild in DH’s family…so they will all be ecstatic. We have several nieces and nephews on my side, so while a baby won’t be anything new per se, they will be just as excited!
5. Putting myself first for a change. I get so stressed out between work and school and pleasing Darling Husband, I’m really looking forward to having an excuse to just chill while I’m pregnant!
Post # 19
I’m actually excited about gaining some weight (I’m thin and people always comment on it which I hate…)
Having an awesome round baby bump
Taking a year off work and being totally domestic
Wearing maternity clothes – how frickin cute are pregnant women in sundresses???
Having a good excuse for being so tired all the time
Decorating the nursery! (I’m anti winnie the pooh, I like jungle and garden themes and animals and curious george.)
Having my husband be more affectionate (he is already but I like when he goes into ‘protector’ mode)
Post # 20
I am most looking forward to:
- Being pregnant – I can’t wait to feel the baby move!
- Experiencing pregnancy with Darling Husband
- Sewing my maternity clothes
- Prepping the baby’s room
- Having the first grandbaby on both sides of the family
- FINALLY being able to celebrate Mother’s Day
- Baby’s first Christmas
- Sewing Easter and Christmas dresses for the baby (if it’s a girl!)
- Sewing the baptismal outfit/the baptism
- And a small part of me is REALLY looking forward to the attention, lol – a very very small part!!
Post # 21
@OhBeeHive84: thank you for starting this! I realized too late that starting that thread was only going to contribute to my fears. I thought of starting this as an antidote… and noticed you already had. 🙂
I’m excited for:
-feeling the life inside me (magic!)
-having the best reason in the world to make healthy choices
-seeing how excited my partner will be, and knowing how amazing she’ll be through the whole pregnancy
-becoming a mother, rite of passage
-raising a human being with love, compassion and creativity, teaching them all I know, and learning so much from them too!
Post # 22
Oooo so many things!!!
– telling Darling Husband and seeing his eyes light up
– telling my parents
– feeling LO move inside my belly
– labor/delivery…I want to be on team green!
– decorating the nursery
Post # 23
everything. telling my husband will probably be one of my favorite moments, other than seeing our sweet little one.
Post # 24
Thanks for this ladies!
This totally makes me feel like we’re making the right decision at the moment with not having kids because reading these none of them really excite me and some of them downright freak me out. I guess it would be fun to decorate a nursery, but the expense would probably end up making me crazy.
I’m glad all of you are excited! congrats to those of you who are on your way.
Post # 25
I think I’m looking forward to all of these! 🙂 It makes me even more impatient than I already was!
— Seeing Darling Husband as the amazing daddy he will be – I’ve seen him be great with other kids, but I am excited to see him with ours
— Buying lots of tiny little clothes – especially the snuggly little blanket sleepers 🙂
— Maternity leave and not having to lift super heavy boxes and getting up on really tall ladders at work
Post # 26
@mtnhoney: No problem
I want to add that I’m also looking forward to the boobs growing and taking maternity leave! I know it won’t be a “break” but I can’t wait to not see my b*tchy boss for 3 months haha
Post # 27
Telling my husband; Having a baby bump; Telling our daughter; Having them meet; Getting spoiled by my husband (who didn’t get to be around when his ex was pregnant because she was too busy cheating on him with his best friend).
I’m really excited to give him the experiences of feeling his baby kick and taking care of me and his baby.
Post # 28
*being pregnant. Drs have warned me it might be a journey to get there
*shopping for and wearing maternity clothes.
*feeling the baby inside of me
*getting to buy all the baby stuff I won’t allow myself to beforehand. (because I might have difficulty, I’ve decided not to buy anything until I have a heartbeat. We’re not even TTC for at least another year!)
*Telling Fiance, who will be Darling Husband by then
Post # 29
Being pregnant over the summer meant that I NEVER had to worry about my period coming on when I was wearing white trousers, dress or bikini. A period-free summer = result!
Post # 30
@Cariad: Oh my gosh! Yes!
Im so buying all whitematernity clothes 🙂
Post # 31
@Cariad: +1 to that! 🙂
PS – At 6 months preg, my boobs never really got much bigger AND I still can’t get a seat on the train 🙁 BOOO