Post # 1
In junior high/high school I was just discovering my fashion sense, and I was pretty experimental. With risk comes reward, and also some fashion disasters.
Some that stand out in memory:
– Belly shirts
– Shirts with glitter on them
– Polyester shirts
– Rings on every finger (mostly those large, hard plastic, translucent rings in bright colors. Sometimes I would decorate these further, say, with stripes of glitter nail polish). Oh yeah, I thought I was a rockin’ fashion designer!
– Jeans so long they covered my shoes and dragged on the floor getting frayed (and sometimes pretty filthy) bottoms.
– A retro corduroy miniskirt that looked really cute when standing, but was too short when sitting. Luckily I paired these with opaque tights. Unluckily, I apparently flashed the crotch panel of my tights to my classmates on at least one occasion which I was thankfully gently told about by my boyfriend at the time.
– Once my top was too baggy so I tucked it into my undies for a more streamlined look. My crush at the time asked me what it was pulling out of the back of my pants (yeah that would be my panties riding up because of the shirt stuffed into them). I ran to the bathroom humiliated. He assumed I was wearing a one-piece/bodysuit and tried to gently tease me about my “bodysuit” and I was absolutely mortified. This was a seriously traumatic event for me, at the time
Post # 3
Denim knee length skirts..
Post # 4
& of course the 5minute blister inducing shoes:
& my ol daily staple of ill-fitting overalls:
Post # 5
There was a very brief time in high school when I wore Jncos. God…it’s hard to even admit that on the internet.
I was also all about fit and flare Mudd jeans. I have no regrets. Our options were limited for good jeans in the late 90s. Mudd jeans were about as good as they got.
@BeckyS0: Most definitely overalls!
Post # 6
& how could I ever forget jean skorts! I swear I had a pair exactly like this!
Post # 7
@MrsBot: I think I blocked out the jncos- I def. had a pair (or two)! & I was a Mudd girl all the way too (I still miss my flare jeans a lil bit)
Post # 8
The flare pant jeans were pretty bad, they were popular at the time but I wouldn’t wear something like that again.
Post # 9
Skorts, definitely. And ALL of the things @BeckyS0 posted.
Post # 10
Ooh…I used to frequent limited too a lot and am guilty of:
plaid knit flares
glitter t shirts
knee high socks
i was also more of an L.E.I. girl myself…
Post # 11
Oh man, too many to list. These are all from ages 12-13
-A pair of wide-flared pants that were a jean-like material with a cut-out at the bottom to make the flare wider which was done in light blue cordoroy.
-Chunky 2-inch platform shoes
-A red pleather jacket I wore everywhere
And I know this isn’t clothes, but I terribly overused butterfly clips in my hairstyles when I was 12. I would have a row of 6 butterfly clips holding back my bangs. Awful!
Post # 12
Oh geez. I used to be a raver kid. So many pairs of UFOs, sparkly shirts, bad makeup, and arms covered in bracelets
Post # 13
I regret anything neon.
It’s funny because for girls, neon is totally back. Fortunately it’s much cuter than when I wore it!
Post # 14
In year 8 and 9 I always wore the big chunky ‘skater’ style shoes (as we all called them) with white socks pulled up. They were far too big for my tiny body it looked like they were anchoring me to the ground!
Post # 15
Oh yes plaid skirts and knee highs! UGH I had many horrible trends I went through! Too many to mention! lol
Post # 16
@BeckyS0: I wore overalls, too!!! Until I started getting picked up by them in middle school. Not cool.