- 7 years ago
- Wedding: September 2010
I am so mad — I can’t hold this in any longer! It’s long and boring and I don’t expect anyone to read it –I just need to get it out there! 🙂 So here goes.
MY COWORKER HIJACKED MY PROJECT, THAT I’VE BEEN WORKING ON BY MYSELF FOR OVER TWO YEARS, AND IS CLAIMING ALL THE CREDIT FOR IT!!!!!!!!
Here’s the situation:
1. My boss asks me to present my research to our partner organization, to help them develop a new software, basically. It goes fine. The CEO happens to not be there that day. Fine.
2. Subsequently, we have a meeting with the CEO of that organization, plus my boss, plus another coworker that my boss brought in at the last minute. She has not contributed to this work at all. [My boss just likes her and includes her in as many meetings as possible. Another story for another day!]
3. The CEO mistakenly gets it into his head that it’s my coworker who did all this work. He starts sending her emails and cc-ing me, and rather than correcting him, she responds as if SHE were the one who created everything!
4. The first time this happens, I respond and send him the additional document he’s asking for.
5. Coworker then replies all, tells him to please disregard what I sent, and she re-sends him some old document that she has on file–totally the wrong thing to send him.
6. He replies and says, basically, “WTF is this?”
7. I explain to coworker that if he had simply read what I’d sent him, he’d be happy. She tells me not to reply to his email — she will handle it.
8. She then re-sends him the SAME document that I’d sent him in the first place, but presents it as a new document that she herself has just created.
9. CEO responds immediately with a, “Perfect, this is great work, thank you [coworker]!”
10. Flames shoot out of my eyes. Frustration levels reach maximum. Fantasies of quitting take center stage.
WHY wouldn’t she just say, “Hey, CEO guy, stillme is actually the point person on this. This is her project, and that document was her work. I’m here for support, but go ahead and direct your comments and questions to her.”
WHY?? why! WHY?! AAAAaaaaaAAAAAaaaaaaAAAAA!!!!!!