I have several thoughts on this, and some I’ve said previously in other posts. But since almost everything on this thread has also been said in previous posts, here it goes, with new info added:
1. I’ve been to many strip clubs, in several different states. They are all different, some are seedy, with back rooms where more than stripping happens, some are not.
2. I’ve gotten more than 1 lap dance in the past. At one club in California, I was actually reprimanded by the bouncer for putting my hand on the stipper’s back while she was on top of me (yes, I am bisexual; I was in a 12 year relationship with a woman until 2009).
3. It is true that strippers and sex workers are ONLY interested in the guys’ money. And some of them make damn good money — more than many, if not most, of the women on this board, and their boyfriends / fiances / husbands.
4. Not all sex workers (prostitutes) have pimps, drug addictions or low self esteem. The women walking the streets are more likely to have pimps and/or drug problems, but there is a HUGE “underground,” generally internet based, world of high end and mid range sex workers who are smart, educated women, doing it 100% of their own volition, running it as a business, and making damn good money in the process — very often $300+ per hour and some, albeit a smaller number, as much as $1,000+ per hour. There are many other internet sites, some regional, some international, where sex workers solicit business, and they also include discussion boards very much like this one. I’m not going to post the names of the sites publicly on this board, if anyone is curious, PM me and I will give you some examples. The vast majority of the high end and mid range sex workers screen their potential clients by requiring info such as their real name, phone number, place of employment, etc. to ensure their safety and freedom.
5. Finally, and probably most importantly in addressing the OP’s claim that strip clubs are bad because they invite temptation, the workplace is where the vast majority of affairs occur. If you want your SO to not be tempted, you should demand that he quit his job. Forbidding him from going to strip clubs is unlikely to stop any man who a.) wants to go and therefore will do so without telling you; and/or b.) is inclined to have an affair or a one night stand, regardless of whether or not he works or is going to strip clubs.