(Closed) SPINOFF- Share your cleaning cheats & shortcuts!!!

posted 7 years ago in Home
Post # 4
1160 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

OK…I use wet wipes to dust the baseboards. Sometimes I’ll be sitting on the toilet and instead of reading the shampoo bottle I’ll grap a wet wipe and start dusting everything within my reach.Embarassed

I’m also a stickler for cleaning spills before they dry. Easier to clean wet spaghetti sauce than to try clean it once it’s caked on!

Post # 5
371 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

I’ve done a lot of flylady things like swish and swipe (clean the toilet everyday, wipe down counters in bathroom) and for anyone struggling with staying organized or cleaning I totally suggest flylady!

Post # 7
907 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

@MCC919: Thank you for your tips!  My husband is also neater than I am and I worry sometimes that he’ll be annoyed with me for being messier.  The more quick tips on cleaning, the better! 

Post # 8
2496 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 1991

I try to pick up the house daily — clean up the clutter, clean off the kitchen table, put things away, etc.  If I am totally NOT in the mood, I set the timer for 10 minutes, and I can usually get most stuff done in that time, and if not, I am usually motivated to finish when the timer goes off.

Post # 9
5660 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

@SandyDollHair: HAHAHA I love that you read the shampoo bottle because I totally do that! Genius for cleaning the bathroom while on the pot! LOL

Post # 10
5667 posts
Bee Keeper

A Roomba. Seriously, I feel like I say it in every thread, but it’s the best cleaning thing that has ever happened to me! I’m currently trying to convince Fiance that we need the mini Scooba, too!

Littermaid, for those with cats, seriously, it is like cheating.

I throw in laundry, open some windows to give an airy feel and pour myself a glass of wine before I get started on the huge projects, really, it helps it feel like less of a chore. I’ll also turn on both TVs (and would turn on more if we had them) to the same channel so I can watch and listen as I go from room to room.

A spritz or two of Febreeze in each room helps everything smell fresher and seem cleaner, I swear.

Clorox wipes are the best. Mr Clean Erasers rock, too.

The topic ‘SPINOFF- Share your cleaning cheats & shortcuts!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors