(Closed) Spinoff: Upcoming trends for 2012

posted 7 years ago in Traditions
Post # 3
1667 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

As a lace wearing, strap wearing gal at her own wedding, I say yes to this becoming a new trend in 2012 :).

I also think that people will be leaning towards more modern elements, clean lines, one shoulder gowns, and bold graphics, and less so towards the rustic look.

One trend that has started up is late night food vendors (food trucks or deliveries) like krispy kreme or a specialty fries place, I would like to see more of that

Post # 4
5572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I agree with what has been mentioned already. I think people are moving back to more muted colors instead of the big bright colors that have been dominant lately.

Post # 5
10714 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

I think a lot of the things from 2011 will spill into 2012 because my wedding is next summer and I have a lot of things people had this year. 

As far as new trends:

-Big weddings… huge huge huge events because of the 2012 doomsday stuff. LOL.

-Green weddings… if this is not already super popular (I’m not sure if it is?) It will be soon enough… earth friendly weddings

Post # 8
6248 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 1900

I am favoriting this thread  🙂

Post # 9
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’ve already seen very similar dresses to hers in the shops. 🙂 

I’m thinking the photobooth trend will continue.

Post # 10
81 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

One shoulder dresses for sure and I am betting a lot of brides will be wearing the VW collection now that it is at DB.

Post # 11
1401 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Ooh, I want to revive this thread! Here’s my two cents…

1. Vintage will stay in, but I don’t think 2012 will take it quite so literally. I’d love to see more “vintage fusion,” mixing old-school elegance with modern sleekness. Most people I know are tired of mason jars, bunting, washed-out photography, etc. These days, an Anthropologie wedding is about as cookie-cutter as it gets. Originality is the goal in 2012.

2. Thanks to Kate and a generally strapless-sick population, straps and sleeves will be the big dress trend–FINALLY. Bit scared about this one, though. Straps and sleeves are a refreshing change, but done wrong, they can look horrific. Anyone remember the 80s? I also think that tea length dresses will be full-on mainstream. 

4. Wedding planning will be all about shooting for the “blog-worthy.” To that end, “Style Me Pretty” and other major blogs’ aesthetics will continue to dominate trends and drive brides wild with insecurity and inadequacy because they aren’t rich enough, creative enough, beautiful enough, thoughtful enough, or dedicated enough to pull off the type of wedding that “everyone else” is having. Thanks a lot, internet.

5. DIY will reign, but people will start to get sick of it and/or collapse under the pressure of creatively DIY-ing things to a standard that will get them a place on a blog.

The topic ‘Spinoff: Upcoming trends for 2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors