(Closed) Spinoff – what home will $200,000 buy you where you live?

posted 6 years ago in Home
Post # 256
757 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I live in Western Europe, in a not-s0-expensive city that would get me a 1-bedroom flat of like 50 meters…. We are polanning on spending min 400k usd for our first flat. Want to get a samll two bedroom in a nice area.

Post # 257
Hostess
8533 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: Dorset, UK

A crappy one bedroom flat in a not so nice area. Le sigh.

auggiefrog:  That house is stunning!

Post # 258
554 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

In Vancouver, BC, where I live $200,000 will get you nothing.  It’ll get you the 20% down payment required to buy a condo or, if you are lucky, a townhouse. 

Post # 259
1244 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - San Francisco, CA

Here, $200k would probably buy you a dumpster. As in, an actual 6×10′ metal-sided dumpster full of trash. But on the plus side, for an extra $50k, you could probably get a lovely water view!

Post # 260
1245 posts
Bumble bee

This thread hurts my heart… because 200k would get you maybe an old beat up condo in a shady part of town. To be in the area I’d love to be in we’d need 450k+ to get into a townhouse….

Right now I’m looking at an area that I’d compromise on and we’d need minimum $380 for a semi….

I’ve often looked at US real estate and it’s astounding to me what 200k can get you in some states/areas!

The topic ‘Spinoff – what home will $200,000 buy you where you live?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors