(Closed) Splurge an extra $1500 for special honeymoon cottage?

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
  • poll: Worth the splurge?

Heck yeah! It's your honeymoon and you can afford it!

I'd get something nice but cheaper, that money could go elsewhere

No way, I'd pay that much for a room. You'll be on the beach all day anyway

Other (posting below)

• Post # 18
    11507 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2009

Since you can afford it, and it’s your honeymoon, I would do it.  My DH and I had an incredible honeymoon suite at an amazing boutique resort in Jamaica, and I do not regret for one second paying extra to have those beautiful, luxurious accommodations.

Post # 19
    301 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
    @Tarheelgurl:  If you plan another trip to Jamaica after the honeymoon I’d definitely recommend SA. The beach is, by far, the best beach I’ve ever seen. Clearest water imaginable. It would be a really hard decision, but if we did return to Jamaica (we generally like seeing new places) we’d probably do the Ocho Rios side and stay at SS or TI. And I’m glad to hear we’re not the only ones who enjoy spending some time in our room. We also frequented our balcony! (Probably why we became so envious of the premier beachfront balconies!) I think splurging is definitely a great idea for you guys, it will totally be worth it.

Post # 20
    1979 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

View original reply
    @Tarheelgurl:  Ooh, I am all for jacuzzi tubs!  We had one in our room in Cancun and we used it every single night- it was such a nice way to relax at the end of the day.  I would splurge for it for sure- either $600 more ot $1500 more! Sounds like an incredible trip!

The topic ‘Splurge an extra $1500 for special honeymoon cottage?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors