(Closed) Spray Tan & Sensitive Skin

posted 9 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

I have gotten mystic tan before. When I was in a wedding, I had horrid tan lines, it made them more even, but didn’t fix completely (they were SUPER bad). I would go there or call and ask them about it and explain your sensitive skin issue and see if that would be a problem. I would get it a few days before the wedding, not a week before as it will fade by then and you may be splotchy when it starts to fade.

Post # 4
1266 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

yeah I don’t think you should look into a machine operated spray tan, like luvbug I think they’ll make your tan worse because obviously its just going to tan the tanned skin even more and the ‘farmer tan’ lines will still be there, just less tan…if that makes any sense

I would find a spray tan where they do it manually for you, they will be able to address the areas you need, rather than just everything then be able to tan it all even!

Post # 5
1266 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Oh, and also in regards to your question about sensitive skin. I have pretty sensitive skin and I have never had a reaction yet. (and I have used many of different types of spray tans)

Post # 6
237 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

I considered doing a spray tan for my wedding, I’m very pale and just wanted to warm up my tone slightly and make sure my skin looked even. I decided recently that it is much too close to the wedding to try out something like that, I would be concerned with it not looking the way I want or more importantly having a reaction. I think having a reaction would be unlikely for me, but I’m not willing to chance it since we are so close to the big day.

Post # 7
3162 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’ve done Mystic Tan before and have super sensitive skin and had no issue with it BUT I do think it’s a little close to your wedding for you to (a) try spray tanning for the first time and (b) try to even out pre-existing tan lines because while it will make it less noticeable, it won’t be totally even. If the farmer tan is bad enough, though, maybe consider having it manually applied like was suggested above, or if you can’t do that, maybe a friend with a real steady hand could apply the Neutrogena self-tanner to the areas that need some color. Good luck!

Post # 8
1116 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

I agree with the others, I would not try mystic tan that close to your wedding.  There’s too much risk of the color bleeding, splotching, being not the right shade, etc. that might not go away in a week….especially your first time out.

I had a similar issue for my wedding last summer, and I did a little bit of conventional tanning too, but mainly used Jergens Natural Glow lotion on my shoulders and chest to help even out the coloring.  I have somewhat sensitive skin and it didn’t cause any problems for me.  It takes about a week to work up to "peak" color, but I liked it a lot. In the end my shoulders were still lighter than my forearms, but it was much less noticeable and made the lines go away.  Good luck!

Post # 9
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I have really sensitive skin and spray tanned  before my daughters wedding.  The tanning made me itch for about a week and white my upper half looked okay, my legs were terrible, streaky.  Be careful if you’ve never done it.

Post # 10
3332 posts
Sugar bee

I would be afraid of doing a spray tan for the first time this close to the wedding.  I’d also recommend something subtle that would slowly give you some color and not be streaky.  I use Olay’s Touch of Sun, which gives you a little glow, but doesn’t get streaky/orange.  

How noticable are the "farmer’s tan" marks with your dress on?  

Post # 11
412 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Find a salon that does the airbrush tan for you.  It’s not a machine but someone actually applying it.  They can target just the areas you need.  If you do opt for the machine, put a lot of the lotion stuff on your  joints or anywhere that you are already tan so it doesn’t soak in.  I did the machine right before I was a Bridesmaid or Best Man and it got darker than normal in a few areas but not majorly bad looking.

Post # 12
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Hi Girls:

I have done Mystic Tan but wasn’t real happy with it, streaks, running, not very even.  My daughter who is an Esthetician told me to use FAKE BAKE.  It’s amazing.  I have been using it for a while now, buy the lotion, you can get it at Ulta for 30.00.  I also buy extra surgical gloves to apply.  They provide a pair of gloves but it is hard to use them over and over, so I just use a pair of surgical gloves and throw them away.  Be sure to exfoliate well in the shower before you apply it.  I just use a loofah.  It goes on just like lotion, just rub it in well, you can go darker with more applications.  I apply a couple of days in a row in the beginning to get the color I want and then just reapply about twice a week.  It gives you an amazing tan!!!  Very natural looking, even, just beautiful!!  Let it dry for about 20 minutes before you get dressed.  It washes out of anything you get it on.  I got it all over a fabric shower curtain once – oops!!  I love having the control to do as little or as much as I want!!  Good Luck!!

Post # 13
1 posts
Wannabee

spray di sole is an amazing organic spray tan system from La and its mobile will be in vancouver mid september…Check out there website at spraydisole.com

Post # 14
35 posts
Newbee

I think the Versa spray tan is much more natural looking than Mystic, and it doesn’t give you that terrible “I’ve got a spray tan and smell like dog breath” stench.  Although I would be nervous about trying it so close to the wedding…maybe you could try the very lightest setting and see how it works!

Good luck!

The topic ‘Spray Tan & Sensitive Skin’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors