(Closed) Spring 2012 Babies- Birth Stories

posted 9 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 107
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2010

View original reply
@Mrs. Spring:  Thanks! I’m definitely in love with all of her different facial expressions.

Post # 108
1263 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

View original reply
@Mrs. Spring:  Congrats!  Henri is a cutie!

Post # 109
1263 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@JessyMess:  Congratulations!

Post # 110
1263 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@CTWife:  What a sweetie!  Love her hat ; ) 

Post # 111
2560 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@JessyMess:  Congratulations! Your little guy is handsome!

View original reply
@CTWife:  Your little girl is a cutie! Congratulations.

Post # 112
2521 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

View original reply
@Mrs. Spring:  Congratulations to you and your family on your baby boy! 

Post # 113
2521 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

View original reply
@JessyMess:  

View original reply
@CTWife:  Congratulations!!!

Post # 114
1932 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2008

View original reply
@CTWife:  congrats! soo cute 🙂

Post # 115
25 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@winniewolf:  Thanks! My sister and mom went on a knitting spree while we all waited for Maddy’s arrival, so she has quite the hat and blanket wardrobe.

View original reply
@Ms Mini:  My husband and I think so as well!

View original reply
@beekiss:  Thanks for the congrats!

View original reply
@miss-spunkin:  Thanks for the congrats! I hope you and your little one are doing well!

Post # 116
1675 posts
Bumble bee

Congrats Mrs. Spring, JessyMess, and CTWife!!  Beautiful babies, and beautiful birth stories all around.  I continue to be amazed at the wide range of birth experences we’ve all had, and how you can never really count on things going according to plan. 

I’ll be back with my birth story as soon as I have a minute to write it all down…

Post # 117
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
@CTWife:  That face is priceless! She is so cute!

You must have been exhausted after all that time!

Post # 118
9024 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

wow some awesome birth stories here. Conrgats to all the recent mamas!!

Post # 119
5398 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@Mrs. Spring:  I don’t know how I missed this before! What a great birth story and an absolutely beautiful boy! How is big sister doing? 🙂

Post # 120
6009 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

View original reply
@Lillindy:  She loves him.  🙂  So far, it’s been much easier than I expected!

Post # 121
1188 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

Sloane Elizabeth was born on 4/7/12 at 1:30 AM, weighing 7 lbs. and 0.4 oz, and measuring 18 inches long. She has brown hair like daddy and blue eyes like mommy (although we’re not sure they’ll stick around). Here’s the story:

I was due on 4/1, and on 4/5 I went for an NST and an ultrasound and the doctor told me to come back the next day for another one. At the ultrasound the next day, the doctor said my fluid was just a little low and decided I’d be induced that day. A 3rd membrane sweep was done and it started my labor almost immediately. I had already been 90% effaced with the baby in a 0 station for 2 weeks, but only dilated to a 1.5. After the sweep, I had a couple of hours before I was supposed to check into the hospital, so DH and I went and grabbed some lunch.

We checked in at 3 PM and I was having regular contractions about every 4 minutes, so they just hooked me up to some fluid and let me see how it progressed. By 4:30 PM, the contractions had stalled, so they started pitocin. The first few hours were great. I felt great, had people in there with me joking and laughing and I was contracting again about every 3-4 minutes. I ordered a light dinner and barely had time to finish it before my contractions reached an 8-9 on the pain scale. At that point labor went from fun, to rocking on a birthing ball and having my husband rub my lower back while I focused on breathing through contractions.

Not long after, the doctor came in and decided to break my water, which upped the intensity of my contractions even more to an absolute 10– on the brink of what I could handle. I’m not going to lie, breaking my water hurt. I was very posterior, and she had to go waaaay back to break the water. It was probably the loudest I got and I cried out a couple of times, while almost breaking my mom’s hand (DH is very squeamish and sat back for that one). It was really surprising to me at just how much fluid there was and I felt kind of gross continually leaking for the rest of my mobile labor. At that point, I was only dilated to a 3, so I continued to labor on the ball with contractions lasting 1 minute each, and coming every 2-3 minutes. I somehow managed to labor like that for somewhere around 2.5 hours before asking for the epidural around 9:15 PM.

I got the epidural at 9:30 PM and it dulled the pain, but still had back labor to at least a 5 on the pain scale, with every contraction, so I wasn’t able to sleep at all. I asked for extra meds for the epidural and got them, but they didn’t do much for the back labor. All of a sudden, around 11:30 PM, I had the urge to push and the nurse didn’t believe me as the doctor had estimated I’d be ready to push around 3 or 4 AM. She checked me and I was fully dilated with the baby’s head just about ready to come out. The doctor said I was ready to push, but I decided to labor down and wait to push until 12:30 AM.

When I started pushing, the baby’s head was visible with every push. She was sunny side up, so she had to be turned. Then the doctor realized the cord was loosely wrapped around her neck and I had to stop in the middle of pushing on my next to last push so it could be unwrapped. Sloane was born exactly 1 hour after beginning to push, at 1:30 AM and received a 9 on the Apgar score. I had 2 stitches for a second degree tear and have had a pretty easy recovery, only needing ibuprofin.

My labor and delivery were very short for a first baby, and had the baby not been sunny side up with the cord around her neck, the doctor said I would have had her out much faster than in 1 hour. She joked that I better get to the hospital right away with the next baby! I am so very blessed to have such a beautiful, healthy girl and her daddy and I are very in love.

The topic ‘Spring 2012 Babies- Birth Stories’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors