(Closed) Spring 2012 babies- part 4!

posted 10 years ago in Babies
Post # 302
1616 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Ugh, I have to head into work for an evening shift in 1/2 an hour, and I DO NOT feel like going in at all, but I called in sick for my last shift, so I have to go.

At least I feel better in the evenings than I do on night shifts, so I shouldn’t feel too sick, but I am so lacking in energy today it isn’t even funny, even doing my hair and makeup seems like an insurmountable task. 

I have such a busy week, tomorrow I have my first OB appointment, and an inservice at work, as well as I work another evening shift, and I have to do a course/recertification wednesday, and I still haven’t finished reading the book that I need to read (DOH!). I thankfully have thursday off, so I can get some sleep, and then I work day shifts friday and saturday. 

It is my fault for picking up all these extra shifts, but I seriously didn’t know I would be pregnant and feel this crappy when I picked them up like 3/4 months ago!

Post # 303
199 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

@bree72 – I’m actually at 15 weeks (16 on Wednesday!)  Thanks for compiling the list 🙂

Post # 304
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@pinky44:  i’m actually 15 weeks.  thanks for the update!

Post # 305
114 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

@Ms Mini: good luck at your appointment! My first is tomorrow as well! I’m pretty excited about it =) Sorry that you are having to work so much lately… that sucks… and it’s really hard to flip back and forth between days and nights when you’re NOT pregnant so I couldn’t imagine doing it now! Good luck!

Post # 306
2070 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

@pinky44: I know how annoying it is to make those lists (checking back and forth on pages and such). Thanks!

I picked a new OB and just made my first appt.  It’s actually with the Nurse Practitioner which they said is always the first appt.  Is that common?  It’s on 10/19 at 8 1/2 weeks.

Post # 307
1382 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@JaneyD:

Same here. The nurse told me at my second appt it’ll be with my OB/GYN. But I heard at mine since it’s a practice they actually rotate who you see everytime. Since it’s a diff doc on rotation each night. That way all the docs know you.

Post # 308
112 posts
Blushing bee

Just wanted to share that I had my second appointment today and had my first ultrasound! I feel so much better now! I got to see the heartbeat, and watch the baby wiggle all around in there! It was so amazing! Hubby didn’t get to go today because he had to do overtime, so that’s a bummer 🙁 I was really hoping he’d get to be there for the first ultrasound. But, at least the baby is looking good in there!

Post # 309
112 posts
Blushing bee

@JaneyD: my first appointment was with a nurse only. She just went over my history, gave me some basic information, and I had some lab work drawn. My 2nd appointment was with the actual OB.

Post # 310
3467 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@pinky44: awesome job keeping the list updated! I’ll be 12wks here in 2 days according to our recent dating scan… which is 5 days behind my tracker so I say 12. lol

Good day to all the other mommas out there! Hope all is well and all is getting better! It’s been kinda ucky the last couple of days and today has been top’d off with a wonderful tension headache UGH…..

Time for some soup, a baked potatoe, and 2 tylenol for dinner.

Post # 311
1162 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Good news from 6 weeks land (aka sweet pea size).  

I would like to report that I am officially feeling way better than I did in weeks 4 and 5, which were cramp and intestinal hell.  

I still wake up every morning at like 3am to pee and then can’t really get back to sleep, and I now feel a little nauseous in the mornings, and I am going to also admit that I’m a bit bitchy, and I only want to eat what I want to eat rather than what DH is making for dinner………BUT I feel soooo much better.  I am going to also say that although I was even following some baby boards while TTC, I had no idea how terrible being pregnant could feel……I was so sure that the early stages would feel like nothing and I’d be all happy and glowing.  Lurkers be warned!  

Anyways. Wanted to share my ‘good’ news. 

Post # 312
3467 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@cvbee: Glad to hear you’re feeling a bit better. I TOTALLY feel ya on the tummy wanting what the tummy wants… I’ve actually had a number of meals that I’ve made and then couldn’t eat b/c well the very thought didn’t go over too well. And I get up to pee 3, 4, sometimes 5 times a night… sigh. lol

I do hope that you stay on the up and up! I know that week 12 is better than week 6, but I’m still looking forward to random nausea to be TOTALLY GONE! lol

Post # 314
4437 posts
Honey bee

@pinky44: I’m 13 weeks, btw.

I wanted to update and say that I had my first OB appointment in the UK yesterday! We had to go through all my records from my doctor in the states and then she let me hear the heartbeat on the doppler. I talked to her about my fears about being forced into a c-section by a doctor and she assured me that the hospital policy is not to cut (including episiotomy) unless absolutely necessary. I hope she’s telling me the truth. She told me that the doctor’s tend to be very natural friendly, so fingers crossed. 

I’m still playing catch-up with my appointments, so my next one is in 3 weeks at 16 weeks! Then at that one we’ll schedule our gender scan for 22 weeks. I think I’m going to try and talk DH into paying to get it done earlier. I also think I have him convinced to come to my next appointment. He’s never been with me before.

Post # 315
1308 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

In regards to the list:

If you are currently listed at “weeks,” would you mind letting me know your estimated due date. It’s probably easier to keep track of people that way than in weeks, anyways. I haven’t been to the doctor yet, but I just used Babycenter’s calculator at this point. 

Unless everyone would rather have weeks listed. Then I can do whatever. 

The topic ‘Spring 2012 babies- part 4!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors