(Closed) Spring 2012 Babies – Part 5

posted 9 years ago in Babies
Post # 346
7774 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
@sunny-day73: I really, really think we’re having a girl.

View original reply
@regberadaisy: We’re paying 79 pounds, which is somewhere around $120, depending on the exchange rate.

View original reply
@Heatherloveskenny: Congrats!

So…. officially less than a week until our gender scan!!! I can’t wait for next sunday.

Post # 348
410 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

View original reply
@regberadaisy: The 3D gender scan costs about $60 in my area (Metro Atlanta). Some of the packages can get pretty pricey, especially if you do a lot of “extras”.

Post # 349
5385 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

View original reply
@sunny-day73: I’m glad that the spotting stopped. 

View original reply
@Heatherloveskenny: Congrats and Welcome!!

Anyone one else leaking? I noticed it a few weeks ago (maybe in the first tri), but now it is leaking even more. I wiped it away and some more came. I think I may have to buy some pads to put in my bra.

Post # 350
509 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

View original reply
@regberadaisy: Depending on the package, the price of 3D ultrasounds varies, but we’re going for the $165 (Canadian) one. It includes: 

30 minutes of guaranteed viewing

CD with 3d pictures in jpeg

2 printed photos

listening to heartbeats

gender determination

live broadcasting

baby’s webpage

entire session on dvd

There are other packages, and the ability to pick your own. Here’s the price list for the local one we’re going to: http://www.uc-baby.com/en/locations/halifax/packages-prices.php

Some insurance companies DO cover these, you just have to pay for it up front. I have to check into our policy though to see. 

Post # 351
2140 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

View original reply
@sunny-day73:

I don’t really have a strong inclination either which way although I am leaning towards boy. And everyone else we know is convinced it’s a girl. I think primarily because on my husband’s side every single baby this generation has been a girl. We’ll see, another 2 months before we find out. 🙂

Thanks for all the input re: 3D scan pricing! I asked my husband and he thinks the 3D scanning images are a little creepy -hahha- so we’re not going to do it. I’m OK either which way.

Bought myself a belly band today! YAY! I have some pants that I have to inhale before buttoning already and I hate having them tight on my belly so this will be nice. I did check out Target’s maternity section and I don’t think I’ll be able to shop there. 🙁 Their XS still looks pretty big on me.

Post # 352
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

View original reply
@sunny-day73: I think I’m having a boy, and everyone else seems to think I am too.  However, our doctor at our NT scan guessed girl from the ultrasound.  I’m pretty sure she had no idea what she was talking about, since I was only 13 weeks pregnant at that point.  I’m waiting for a more definitive answer in a few weeks.  (I’d be really excited if the baby was a girl though.)

Post # 353
5495 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

View original reply
@sunny-day73: I sed to really feel like it was a boy. But not I feel like it can go either way….we find out for sure it just under 2 weeks, so I am trying not to dwell on it.

Post # 354
7774 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
@regberadaisy: Honestly, you really are probably going to have good luck at Motherhood if you’re that tiny. Their stuff runs small. I fit into XLs in their pants when I am an L in every other pant.

Post # 355
5495 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

View original reply
@trugem: I haven’t, yet…but they have been feeling a little weird.

View original reply
@sunny-day73: Wow I can’t talk! At first I thought it was a boy….now I am not so sure. lol.

Post # 356
5385 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

View original reply
@His Barista: I think you are having a boy. IDK why I feel that way.

I have also noticed that everytime I sneeze or cough, half my belly button pops up and goes back down. lol I know I’m going to be an outie. 

Post # 357
7774 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
@PasteMoo: It’s a private clinic, so I guess they’re open every day. All they do is ultrasounds.

Post # 358
1701 posts
Bumble bee

When I read this thread last night I thought, “I have no idea if I think I’m having a boy vs. a girl”.  But I thought it would be fun to decide.  Woke up a little early this morning and thought about it and I’ve decided that I think it’s a girl.  This is based on timing of BD vs when I think I O’d.  It was a couple days earlier.  So there! Decided. Think it’s a girl! (9 weeks pregnant so I have a long way to wait until finding out). Also, been thinking about this because best friend just found out (via cupcake party!) that she is having a boy. Fun!

Post # 359
2140 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@zippylef:

Thanks for the tip! I’ll be sure to check them out.

By The Way, belly bands? Best invention, EVER. Wearing it today and did not realize how UNcomfortable I was till I realized today how comfortable I am w/o buttoning my pants! hahhaha. Hooray for belly bands!!!

Post # 360
410 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

View original reply
@skibobrown: The ultrasound tech I saw shy of 14 weeks said that you can tell as early as 13 weeks. Were you exactly 13 weeks at the NT scan?

The topic ‘Spring 2012 Babies – Part 5’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors