(Closed) Spring 2016 brides !!! When to start dress shopping ?

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 17
2256 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
gandules:  I DO NOT think you should wait a year to buy a dress because that will be early spring of 2016, obviously months before your own wedding. Nope. You need to order at least 6 months out.

Go nuts and buy your dress now. But not if you plan on losing a bit of weight. Might be best to give yourself 6 months to do that. But if you’re comfortable with it, I say start looking.

Post # 18
230 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Ed Oliver Golf Club, Wilmington, DE

Hey! I am an April 2016 bride and I actually already bought my dress. Went in with the expectation of just looking and probably not finding anything yet; but I fell in love with the 3rd dress and never looked back! Good Luck!

Post # 19
219 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I’m buying my dress 6 months out. The goal is to lose 80 pounds before the big day, so I’m trying to get 60 off in 6 months (2.4lbs per week.) That will have me pretty happy and needing less alterations. My wedding is March 12th, 2016

Post # 20
1355 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2016 - Modern, Classic, Fun

View original reply
gandules:  its never to early to start dress shopping IMO. For me, finding a dress was harder than I anticipated, and I never pictured myself being a picky bride! Plus, a lot of dresses take a long time to get in from the designer so better early than late. You don’t want to be freaking out looking for a dress off the rack a few months before the wedding. I found mine, and now I can rest assured that piece of the wedding planning is done ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 21
259 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

View original reply
gandules:  My wedding is June 4th 2016, so late spring/early summer. I’m going dress shopping in May ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 22
185 posts
Blushing bee

I’m a March bride and I’ve already started looking at dresses online, but won’t try on til June/July. I need to lose a few pounds first ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 23
1002 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2016 - Enoch Turner Schoolhouse

I’m a March 2016 bride and could potentially be buying my dress this weekend!  I wanted to buy preowned and found a seller in my city!  She’s the same size, and selling the dress for 50% less than retail.  It’s a Vera Wang too!  If it fits like a glove – why wouldn’t I buy it?!  I hope it fits when I see her this weekend ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve been obsessing over this dress since last summer, I don’t even think I want to look for anything else!

Post # 24
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2016

April 2, 2016 bride and I have an appointment at the bridal salon in two weeks!!!

Post # 25
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2016

I just brought mine in May and it will be here in November/December.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by  twobewed.

The topic ‘Spring 2016 brides !!! When to start dress shopping ?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors