(Closed) Spring Babies 2012- Part Seven!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
7779 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

And… the google doc!

Well, a couple exciting things for me in the past couple days. I hit 20 weeks today! Woo! I’m officially halfway to being done!

The other cool thing… I FINALLY began to feel regular movement. It’s not the fluttery butterfly, bubbles either, it’s actual movement and kicking. It is the oddest feeling… but so amazing and surreal at the same time. She is most active at night, for sure.

@smileyd: I’ve been eating a lot of PB too. From what I understand, it’s only really a concern if you have a history of severe allergies to peanuts in your family. I could be wrong though. Yay for a good appointment!

Post # 4
1676 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Yay for part 7!  Not sure if all of you saw my other thread, but I had my anatomy scan last week, which showed that the baby is a GIRL!  It also showed some abnormalities — a brain cyst and a heart spot, which can be markers for trisomy 18 and downs syndrome respectively.  So anyways, my doctor referred me for a repeat anatomy scan with a perinatologist, and I had that today.  This doctor didn’t find any evidence for the cyst or the heart spot, which is great news!  She still decided to revise some of my risk levels just in case the previous diagnoses at my last anatomy scan were correct.  So now I have a 1/10,000 chance of trisomy 18 (previously was 1/100,000), and for downs it now 1/22,000 (previously 1/44,000).  I’ll take those odds.  I was offered an amnio if I wanted one, but I still think the risks aren’t worth it at this point.

Other than that drama, we are getting super excited for our baby girl!  I’ve started feeling movement, which feels like little pops in my lower abdomen and occassionally a rolling sensation.  I’m 19w1d today πŸ™‚

Post # 5
7779 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@skibobrown: Yay! I’m so glad they cleared you on your new ultrasound! That’s awesome news! The rolling feeling is one of the movements I’ve been feeling too.

Post # 6
921 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@zippylef:Yay! 20 weeks and real kicks, that rocks.

@smileyd:24 weeks is viability– that’s a HUGE milestone.

@skibobrown:So glad to hear the good news. What a relief!

Post # 7
2142 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@zippylef:

I’ve been eating PB a lot as well. I also read that it’s only really a concern if your family has a history of allergy. My nephews are but I think it might be more from my SILs side.

And yay for movements! I’m 15 weeks and I can’t wait for the next couple weeks. Looks like it will be a exciting couple with genders scans, hopefully movement soon and hitting the halfway mark! πŸ™‚

Post # 8
2562 posts
Sugar bee

@skibobrown: That is so good that your follow-up was such good news!

So, today I bit the bullet and signed off the paperwork to trade my sports car for a station wagon. I might cry monday when it is time to hand over the keys πŸ™ I know it is the right thing to do before the baby comes, but I will so miss my old car.

Post # 10
959 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

Yay part 7! I feel like I’ve slacked so much on this board and on WB in general, I miss having more time to post!

@smileyd: I eat a ton of PB too! No worries!

@skibobrown: Congrats on your results and the fact that all looks well after all. Those seem like really good odds. Is that just based on your u/s? I didn’t know they give odds based on u/s.

@zippylef: I totally totally love the movement, too!

In other news, my current concerns are: Gas pains, sleeping, back pain, and this weird vagina pain, haha. But not really vagina, just the area around it on the outside. It feels like everything is stretching/sore. Kind of the way your butt feels after spinning, but in the area by my vagina. Anyone else? It’s driving me nuts!

Post # 11
7779 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@Ms Mini: I had to make the final decision to sell my Mustang back in the states. πŸ™ I know how you feel.

@AvantLaLettre: Ouch. That does not sound pleasant. No va-jay-jay pain here. Here’s to hoping it goes away soon.

Post # 12
1676 posts
Bumble bee

@AvantLaLettre: Those are my revised odds based on my 1st and 2nd trimester bloodwork, NT scan, and anatomy scan.  The original numbers were just based on my bloodwork and NT scan, but they raised my odds today based on the possible presence of a choroid plexus cyst and an echogenic intracardiac focus just to be on the cautious side. 

@Ms Mini: Good luck with your new mom car!  I’m sure it will be hard to say goodbye to the sports car though.

Post # 13
959 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

@skibobrown: Oh I see.. I get it now. Those still sound like good odds to me! I feel like you have to have a degree in statistics to understand what’s what! haha.. I don’t know…. I am just praying that all goes well for our baby and for yours and everyone on here’s as well.. and that is the best we can do πŸ™‚

@zippylef: Yeah, not pleasant. I just googled it and of course there are other people who experience it.. phewf. They describe it better, like being kicked in the vagina.

Post # 14
1932 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2008

@skibobrown: oh my goodness that must have been an unsettling experience, but I’m glad it’s looking like everything is okay, what a relief!

@AvantLaLettre: In response to your question on the previous thread, no, my belly button hasn’t popped yet either, which I’m fine with – but it looks like it’s stretching out with my belly! It’s wider! soo weird. If I wear a tight shirt, it’s like a huge cosmic hole in the middle of my stomach lol. Yeah, I have a linea negra but it’s not TOO dark, it’s hardly noticeable unless you look for it. I had heard from someone that it’s more noticeable when you’re having a boy so maybe you’ll never find yours lol

Oh and no pain in the vag here… but I have this awful pain in my butt… like the actual butthole (there is no good way to say that lol). Mostly when I walk, it almost feels like there is literally a stick up my butt – not cool – but like a really pulled muscle or something. It’s somewhat crippling and I’m NOT liking it! Gosh if I have all these pain issues this early on, what will month 7-9 be for me?!?!

Oh, and in two hours I will officially be 6 months along! Very exciting!! I’m feeling more and more ready for little one to arrive. We just started cleaning out what will be his room (it’s been extra storage for my clothes) and deciding how we’ll decorate and everything – so exciting! 

Post # 15
174 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

@KatyElle: omg i think about sour punch straws all the time too… i really like the strawberry but i think the apple ones are my favorite… hmmm maybe i will just have to give in and get some!

@AvantLaLettre: my eye has been twitching all the time too! whats that all about I wonder?!

Post # 16
641 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@AvantLaLettre:  Your current concerns sound just like mine!  I know what you mean about that stretchin pain.  I have been feeling it, too.  Almost like a stretching pressure around the front/outside.

The worst thing for me lately has been headahces.  I get them and they are just totally frustrating, especially when I’m at work!  Other than that I am feeling good, and certainly eating more lately.  The bump is growing and I am gaining some weight:)

Also, I finally got my health insurance all straitened out, which is a HUGE weight off my shoulders.  I could not afford the insurance offered by my work, and luckily I make so little money that I am eligible for state run health insurance.  Luckily, I am covered for all of my prenatal expenses, and also regular medical and dental care.  My midwife has been holding off on bloodwork until my insurance came through, so now bring on the tests!  Looks like I will be having bloodwork done on the same day that we have our gender scan ultrasound.

The topic ‘Spring Babies 2012- Part Seven!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors