141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

Your age/partner’s age:. 35/31

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: close to 2 years

Known fertility issues:. Low Amh

Previous fertility treatment?:. Testing, 1 round IVF 

What are you doing this month (transfer, beta, IUI, retrieval)?:. 2nd round of IVF and FET of my one normal embryo from last cycle.

Key dates (POAS, beta, transfer):. Not sure yer

Just for fun: What is a fun/silly family tradition you have/plan to continue with your own partner & family?  We don’t have any but hope to start some of our own soon.

Hi all,

I  gearing up for IVF round 2.  Today is CD 1 for me and I go in for my initial scans and blood work tomorrow.  My plan this month is to do my second egg retrieval and hope to get a couple more normal embryos.  Round 1 yielded 1 normal which we froze and will transfer on the tail end of this IVF cycle about 5 days post-retrieval.  Wishing everyone well.

Post # 5
106 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2017 - Los Angeles, CA

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 34/34

Baby #: 2

Cycles TTC: 19

Known fertility issues: MFI-3% Morphology. “Possible” bilateral distal adhesions on Fallopian tubes- not confirmed. Discovered at last baseline Ultrasound that Right ovary is 1/3 the size of the Left ovary, so low AMH I guess, even though my initial bloodwork showed normal numbers. 

Previous fertility treatment?:  3 Unmonitored medicated cycles with Letrozole 2.5mg. 1 Monitored medixated cycle with Letrozole 5mg+ 250 Ovidrel trigger + IUI. Holistic: Serrapeptase 120,000/daily after AF to Ovulation. Castor Oil Packs+Fertility massage after AF to Ovulation. 

What are you doing this month (transfer, beta, IUI, retrieval)?: Having Baseline Ultrasound this Saturday May 1st to hopefully start another monitored medicated cycle + IUI. Holistic: upping to Serrapeptase to 240,000/daily from AF to BFP. Castor Oil Packs+Fertility massage from after AF to Ovulation. 

Key dates (POAS, beta, transfer): Not sure yet, will know more after Saturday. I’m debating not testing out trigger and just POAS on the date RE recommends… maybe. 

Just for fun: What is a fun/silly family tradition you have/plan to continue with your own partner & family? We have a cute Christmas Eve tradition of putting on our pjs, grabbing hot chocolate and jumping in the car to drive around looking at Christmas lights while blasting Christmas music. I hope I get to do Christmas Eve 2021 with a big ol’ pregnant belly! 

Post # 5
499 posts
Helper bee

Your age/partner’s age: 39/45

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: forever

Known fertility issues: DOR, endo Age

Previous fertility treatment?: 8 IVF retrievals

What are you doing this month (transfer, beta, IUI, retrieval)?: Waiting to hear if we made blasts last round. 

Key dates (POAS, beta, transfer): Sunday is our day 5. 

Just for fun: What is a fun/silly family tradition you have/plan to continue with your own partner & family? I plan to freeze the eggs of any female in my family as a high school graduation gift. I’m only half way joking. 

Post # 6
499 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Charliejeorge:  thank you for starting the board, I’m so excited for your IUI!!

Post # 9
499 posts
Helper bee

Copy of letter from RE:

“I want to let you know that the frozen egg which fertilized normally unfortunately did not continue to develop. All of the 12 fertilized eggs from the fresh cycle are growing and with the exception of one embryo that is a little slower at the 5 cell stage, the rest have 6 or more cells which is what we want to see. The cell numbers are as follows:

8c g1.5

7c g1.5

9c g1.5

5c g3

9c g2

7c g1

9c g2

8c g1.5

8c g1

10c g2

10c g1.5

6c g1

G1 means that there is no cellular fragmentation. G1.5 means a minimal amount of fragmentation. G2 means a mild amount of fragmentation. G3 means that there is a moderate amount of fragmentation. In these terms, fragmentation does not refer to the DNA fragmentation. It means that some of the cells are breaking down, leading to a fragmented appearance.   

Overall, it is common for embryos to have a small amount of fragmentation so a grading between 1.5 to 2 is quite typical. “

I’m speculating that I’m going to lose everything less than 8 cells, but hopefully we’ll get 3 or 4 blasts.

Post # 11
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

fingers crossed for you have a few that make it to blasts Jen!

Post # 12
15464 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@jen9999:  that looks really promising!!!  Hopefully you get 4-8 blast from these good day 3 embryos!  I’ve only ever gotten 1 or 2 blast from 20-25 eggs, and 3 once with day 3 numbers much worse than that so I’m really hopeful for you.  FX for more good news Sunday!

Post # 13
2819 posts
Sugar bee

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 30/33

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: Have lost count, but we’ve been trying since Aug 2019 

Known fertility issues: Unexplained 

Previous fertility treatment?:  Lots of testing, and 1 IUI 

What are you doing this month (transfer, beta, IUI, retrieval)?: Expecting AF any day now, and then hopefully will begin IUI #2 

Key dates (POAS, beta, transfer): Not sure yet, I’m CD27 right now. Waiting for next cycle to start. 

Just for fun: What is a fun/silly family tradition you have/plan to continue with your own partner & family? Well, my family was a total mess, so no traditions I want to pass on from them. I’m excited to build our own family traditions, but I love the idea of family dinners together and opening presents on xmas morning and going for hikes together 

Wishing all of you lots of luck this round <3 

Post # 14
499 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Charliejeorge:  I’m sorry if I overwhelmed the thread with the super oversized post, I switched RE’s and I just wanted to share how much more info you can get. I never got that much info in my previous rounds. Day 5 is Sunday. Thank you all for sticking by me. 

Post # 15
499 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@pinkshoes:  if I get 8 blasts, I’m opening a bottle of vodka and going out to the hot tub naked!!!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors