Spring/Summer 2021 Infertility

posted 7 months ago in TTC
Post # 257
3888 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

Hope everyone is doing ok.  After my 2nd failed FET with an euploid, we are regrouping and doing a bunch of testing.  Bloodwork including natural killer cells, repeat pregnancy loss panel, etc.  ERA.  Hysteroscopy to look for obstrucitons, endometriris and laparoscopy to look for endometriosis.  That’s coming up on Friday.  I get another unpaid day off work, another time under anesthesia, another scar on my stomach…. yay :/   I’m so over this shit.  Sorry to not be more positive for the newbies.

Post # 258
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
@Charliejeorge:  Yes, my first round of clomid! I had headaches during clomid and some weepiness. I got really upset over the weekend as the doctor gave us specific days to have sex (CD 10, 12, 14) and we didn’t do one day so now our days to have sex have changed (CD 10, 13, 14) and I feel like I’ve just screwed this all up and our doc will be mad. And of course DH is really upset so having sex is just making everyone anxious and there is performance anxiety. undecided

Post # 259
736 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Backyard

View original reply
@KittyYogi:  I hear you. I’m also over it. It feels never ending. I hope your testing yields some answers, and you have an easy recovery. 

I got my tentative FET date for September and my PTO request got denied so now I have to submit for FMLA. Which is fine but I just wish I didn’t have to do anything like this. I don’t feel like being open with work about it but I hate having to take time off for this crap. Ultimately I am entitled to the FMLA so it’s not like they can deny it. 

I had to put my dog down today. He would have been 16 next month. It’s been a long time coming but I’m still just devastated and crying on and off. I feel like I finally got through grieving my miscarriage and was finally getting an emotional handle on my life and now I’m struck with an even bigger wave of grief. I can’t wait for this time in my life to be over. There has to be something better ahead.

Post # 260
736 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Backyard

View original reply
@eviegreene:  I know this is annoying advice but try not to stress about the timing, in all honesty one day does not make that much difference. I know easier said than done but I would trust that the clomid will do its job and there will be egg/s waiting for the sperm! 

Post # 261
114 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2017 - Los Angeles, CA

View original reply
@Charliejeorge:  SO EXCITED for you! I hope everything goes smoothly as far as scheduling and the IUI is exactly what you needed to get your miracle baby! 

View original reply
@KittyYogi:  This is so rough, I’m sorry bee. Hopefully your recovery goes smoothly. Those scars are your marks as a warrior that you’ll show your child one day as proof of your strength and how much they were so wanted and loved. 🧡 (P.S. don’t apologize for your feelings, we totally get it on this board! Hugs) 

View original reply
@eviegreene:  I can totally relate to timing anxiety but I’ve learned that DH gets the anxiety way more than I do. So I don’t even share with him dates anymore. Good luck! 

View original reply
@redroses76:  I agree that you shouldn’t have to share. Hopefully that FMLA comes through so you don’t have to worry about it. I texted my boss to let her know that I needed to take off early for a doctor’s appt (my IUI) and her response was “why did you schedule a doctor’s appt during working hours?” REALLY LADY?  If you only knew that the timing isn’t really my choice. I dryly responded “it’s a time sensitive situation”. Luckily she felt bad and hoped everything was alright and stopped giving me a hard time. MAJOR EYE ROLL! 

Post # 263
1793 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

As I wait for my first fertility clinic consult on the 29th, I have started looking into embryo donation, embryo shipping, and contacting shippers and clinics. Does anyone have any good info on this? My friend is willing to donate them so I have the biggest part figured out, but I have no idea where to proceed from here! Especially since the clinic near me won’t accept outside embryos 🙄  I am so overwhelmed with how youd coordinste a FET at an out of state clinic, scheduling flights and ultrasounds and meds! And how you’d transfer ownership of the embryos over. It’s such a huge undertaking. 

in the meantime, DH and I had one of the best fertile weeks in a long time. It was actually fun, we got good timing, we’re both more relaxed knowing that we have our consult coming up. I am secretely hopeful we get pregnant this cycle and don’t even have to go haha. But of course my hopes aren’t high, I have been at this too long to think such naive thoughts! At least we controlled our half of the equation, there’s either a baby in there or not so I’m trying to just not think about it. 

Post # 264
12326 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@Equine_Breeder:  where are you located?  I shipped my embryos using Fertility Couriers, and it was a super easy process.  They take care of everything once you sign the consents with the shipping and receiving clinic.  Then they let you know when it’ll happen, and get updates real time when the embryos are picked and and delivered. 

Post # 265
1793 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
@pinkshoes:  I’m in Minnesota, but the embryos are in Canada and I’m looking at using a clinic in texas. Shipping internationally is what’s worrying me! Plus how to coordinate a FET from out of state 

Post # 266
346 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@eviegreene:  I agree with redroses, don’t worry about, and I will tell you why…this is an unmonitored cycle right?  Doc is not checking you every other day (ultrasound) and there will be no trigger?  So basically it’s a bit guess work but by doing it every other day you pretty much “cover” the special days which is what you need…so it’s ok, for all you know maybe day 13 is the lucky number 🙂 

Post # 267
346 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@KittyYogi:  I hear ya…. I feel I am one step behind you, will be doing similar tests in september.  Just don’t want to waste another embryo if the conditions are not ideal for implantation.  I have never heard of natural killer cells. Hope you get some answers you need.  Good luck on your procedure and wishing you a speedy recovery.   

Post # 268
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
@redroses76:  
View original reply
@vintagebee17:  
View original reply
@Charliejeorge:  
View original reply
@latebloomerbee78:  Thanks all, it’s helpful to know it doesn’t matter too much. I’m doing only a lightly monitered cycle, and confirmed I ovulated CD15 via blood test, so I guess now it’s just a wait and see! Only sad thing was there was just 1 large (18mm) follicle (other was just 14 mm) so not sure if clomid was better than natural. 

Post # 269
346 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Equine_Breeder: I’m a bit rusty with the chart but those numbers look good right?  hope they stay high!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors