Spring/Summer 2021 Infertility

posted 5 months ago in TTC
Post # 286
614 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

View original reply
@vintagebee17:  I’m so impressed that you’ve held out testing this long, although I understand it can be easier to see AF than a negative. I stopped testing altogether about a year ago and it found it far less stressful than endlessly squinting at lines that weren’t there! Try not to read much into your symptoms/lack off. The month I got my first bfp I had far fewer symptoms than many of the months that followed where I convinced myself I was pregnant. Really hoping you get a positive tomorrow 🤞🤞🤞

Post # 287
32 posts
Newbee

Ladies, hoping for best for everyone to get that BFP!! Has anyone had a normal AMH but a low LH? 

Post # 288
1752 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Can I ask; how does everyone’s spouse feel about the infertility?

We were filling out the forms for the upcoming consultation at the fertility clinic and it asked him the same question on how he feels it has affected his emotional well being, sex life, and marriage. He got irritated at the question and said “if it was just me? I’d probably rate it a 4 but the stress and pressure you put on me makes it a 10.” It kind of surprised me that it doesnt bother him nearly as much. I have asked him many times if he wants to go ahead with this, and he’s always sweet and wants our son to have a sibling and feels like someone is missing from our family. But i can’t help but feel like I’m making us go through this and he doesn’t care as much if we have another baby like I do. How do your husbands feel? I know we’re all pretty emotionally distressed and it’s affected our entire lives, does it affect your husband the same way?

Post # 289
614 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@Equine_Breeder:  We’ve talked about this quite a lot…. my husband has said from the very start that the hardest thing is watching me go through it all. He is super supportive and is absolutely on board but he simply isn’t as desperate for a baby as I am. If I told him I wanted to stop and be child free he be shocked but he’d be ok with it. If it happens he’ll put his all in to it but he wouldn’t be devastated (for himself) if we ended up as a family of 2. 
I will add that we have MFI and when we got his first SA results he took it HARD. This initially really bothered me because I felt like he hadn’t been so bothered when we assumed the issue was me. Ultimately though it came down to the same thing… he was devastated that in his eyes he couldn’t give me what I wanted.  
It’s caused us both a lot of stress and pain but I have undoubtedly been far more affected, mentally and physically. I think that’s completely normal though. It doesn’t mean he won’t be an amazing dad if or when the time comes and the same goes for your DH and baby #2.

Post # 290
511 posts
Busy bee

Hey Ladies,

I cant seem to tag people, my phone sucks but I’m glad to catch up on everyone’s news, wishing all of us baby dust. I took a break from the boards this month before I start retrieval #11. Started estrogen priming, and I’m back in the hunt…lol 

Read some new research about adding gonadotropin to PRP, has anyone done that?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by jen9999.
Post # 292
614 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@jen9999:  I hope the break did you some good. You are incredible for how much you have done. I’ll keep everything crossed for you that it’s lucky #11 and you get some awesome eggs.

View original reply
@Charliejeorge:  🤞 those cramps are a positive sign…. I’ll be looking out for your update.

I had all my meds delivered today. Emptying the HUGE box made me feel a little overwhelmed but I’m so ready for this. I start the pill on Wednesday and should be looking at starting stims at the very end of next week. It suddenly all feels so real.

Post # 294
3707 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

View original reply
@Equine_Breeder:  oh man, I’m sorry he reacted that way.  Do you think that was an unfair exaggeration, or do you really “put a lot of stress and pressure on him”?

So far, we have dealt with infertility pretty well as a team.  My husband and I met at work and still work together pretty closely, so I think working together through issues comes naturally to our partnership.  It’s been horrible and stressful and sad and frustrating and everything else, but we both seem to see it as a problem we’re facing together and we don’t take it out on each other.  (I’m sure I’m a snappy B once in a while when I’m on a bunch of the drugs, lol, but he knows that’s part of the deal.)

I did want to rip his head off when he had performance anxiety and we had to freeze eggs during our first retrieval, though.  We never fight, but I was SO PISSED.  He felt so bad, so I had to play it cool and hide it, but gah.  I made him sit in the back with the toddler on the 4 hour ride home (since someone often does anyway) so I could drive and fume to myself, lol.  Poor guy!!

In other news, I finally took my REs’ recommendations and started keto.  Gonna do it for at least a couple months in case we need another retrieval.  It’s not so bad so far, and I’ve lost like 8 pounds in 10 days (I’m sure a lot of water weight).  They recommend it for everyone, but especially those of us with PCOS. 

We are likely doing another transfer in August if we can fit it in around work travel and a trip at the end of the month.  Hoping for lucky #3….  😐

Post # 295
12261 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@Equine_Breeder:  I think my husband was very nonhclant about the whole thing.  If he wasn’t, he didn’t show it.  Maybe cause he knew it’d totally set me off.  I mean, I was doing all the work and everything was happening to MY body!  But he basically let me take the reins, deciding what treatments to do and when.  He was on board for having a child and trying, but he was also ok if it didnt end up happening.  I also dont think he would say that I put any pressure on him.  I was the one that did all the reserach and planning, and he was just along for the ride.  He was the same way with trying for a second, but I had also said that if the 3 frozen embryos we had didnt take, we were done, which he was fine with too.

View original reply
@jen9999:  I hope you had a nice little break.  Good luck!!  

Post # 296
511 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@pinkshoes:  thanks, I’m so tired. It’s so hard to feel hopeful going into #11, and I know I have two more rounds at least before I can start transferring to my Surrogate. I’m so panicked that this won’t work out. It seems so impossible that it could actually work. I’m so grateful to you, I really don’t know if I could’ve hung on without you and Cheekie and all of you other girls. Went I see you guys going forward it makes me feel like I can’t give up. 

Post # 297
54 posts
Worker bee

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 33/32

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: Since October 2020

Known fertility issues: PCOS, MFI (needs to be confirmed by another sperm analysis in September); my doctor said we will likely need IVF to conceive 

Previous fertility treatment?: Letrozole + follicle monitoring + timed intercourse (before we found out about my husband)

What are you doing this month (transfer, beta, IUI, retrieval)?: We are switching to a new fertility doctor, and our new patient consultation is at the end of September. We are trying to wait (not so) patiently until then.  

Key dates (POAS, beta, transfer): n/a for now 

Just for fun: What is a fun/silly family tradition you have/plan to continue with your own partner & family? Any and all things Christmas related! It’s our favorite holiday. Going to see the Nutckracker ballet, driving around looking at Christmas lights, baking cookies for Santa, etc. 

Post # 298
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

View original reply
@Equine_Breeder:  my husband has been as supportive as he can be.  He’s been trying to reassure me that everything will be okay regardless of what happens with IVF and that he has faith that things will work out, and has asked that I have faith also which is hard for me to do after 3 rounds.  I don’t always hear from him what I need to, but I try to remember that he is also going through this also in his own way.

Ive wanted to talk to him about the possibility of adoption but every time I bring it up he says don’t worry let’s just get through IVF first.  I’m a bit of a pessimist so what I hear when he says that is that he can’t stomach the thought of not having a biological child and it leaves me feeling worried about the state of my marriage.  But those are things that I have to work through because I also have to respect that he’s processing things in his own way also.

Post # 299
822 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
@mrsw88:  Yey for your meds to arrive! It can definitely be overwhelming. I’m excited for you to get started! 

View original reply
@Equine_Breeder:  my husband doesn’t have much stress of his own when it comes to our infertility. He has said that as much as he wants to have kids, he would also be ok if we didn’t. His stress mostly is surrounded by how stressful it is on me. He knows I’ve taken it really hard and have struggled. 

View original reply
@jen9999:  best of luck with retrieval #11! Keep us posted with your progress

View original reply
@Charliejeorge:  my fingers are crossed for a BFP!!

AFM…..well I finally had my surgery last week for my endo and fibroids. Cysts removed from both ovaries and 6 fibroids! I’m still in a decent amount of pain, but getting better every day. I had a 3 month dose of Lupron last week too and the plan is to start estrace for my next FET October 19. However, my surgeon is so happy with how my surgery went that I can even try naturally!! I’ll still probably do at least 1 FET because my ovaries have been so suppressed from Lupron that it’ll probably take awhile for them to wake up. 

Post # 300
77 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

On my second clomid round, same protocol (50 mg, CD3-7), and monitoring showed no good follicles! So disappointing, but also so surprising given the first time there were 3 large follicles. yell 

Editted to add that this cycle, I had none of my last clomid side effects (maybe except some serious attitude), but did take clomid at 9 PM vs 6 PM I did on my first round

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by eviegreene.
Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors