Spring/Summer 2021 Infertility

posted 7 months ago in TTC
Post # 303
42 posts
Newbee

Hi, I’ve lurked on this group a bit, and fair warning I might not be super active (it really depends on my mindset in regards to TTC), but I’m hoping that this group brings me some information as well as some easing of fears. 

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 31/30

Baby #: 2 (I have a 7 year old concieved naturally from a previous relationship, no previous children for DH)

Cycles TTC: 20 (however 6 cycles were “failed” due to an undesirable side effect from DH’s medication which he was removed from)

Known fertility issues: none

Previous fertility treatment?: none

What are you doing this month (transfer, beta, IUI, retrieval)?: I have an appointment on the 11th to discuss moving forward with fertility testing/options

Key dates (POAS, beta, transfer):

Just for fun: What is a fun/silly family tradition you have/plan to continue with your own partner & family? Ice cream for Christmas Eve dinner!

This journey (while not as long as some others here) has been extremely exhausting for me especially when I have so many friends who had babies this past year.  DH and I concieved within 3 months of trying only or me to lose that pregnancy at 6 weeks.  I had a chemical 3 cycles after that and have had nothing since.  DH is extremely supportive of whatever route this winds up taking, he’s totally on board with any testing that’s needed on his end and he’s vocal about the potential of it being him, especially since from the outside everything is “normal” with my cycles, thyroid, and overall health.  So we will see. I don’t think I’d be able to handle this without him.  I’ve been diagnosed with mild depression since my MC last year and the emotions just seem to get worse with every arrival of AF.  I had to stop tracking things because it affected my mental health.  Fingers crossed for all you ladies to get those babies soon! Reading your stories have definitely helped me feel slightly better about this whole thing. <3

Post # 304
624 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

View original reply
@Charliejeorge:  Ah what a beautiful strong line. Congratulations!!! You must be over joyed, especially given how little hope you had. I’m so happy for you ❤️ 

Post # 305
624 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@itsme1987:  hi! I’m glad your surgery went well. Are you feeling a little better now? It’s amazing that your surgeon thinks you could even try naturally. Regardless, October will be here in no time. 

I’m quickly remembering why I hated being on the pill. It’s only been a week and my skin is already a mess, I’ve got headaches and sore boobs! I came off it in October 2018 to prepare for ttc and I think I’d forgotten how much it messes with me. I’ve only got a couple more days though and should have my baseline scan and start stims early next week 😬 How did people find the side effects stims?  

Post # 306
150 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

View original reply
@Charliejeorge:  congratulations!!! So happy for you!

Post # 308
822 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
@Charliejeorge:  what!!! Congratulations!!! So exciting. Wishing you the best 9 months! My pain level isn’t terrible now and I’m a lot more mobile. It’s pretty exciting that my surgeon thinks everything went so well that I could even try naturally. I did not expect her to say that at all!!

View original reply
@mrsw88:  thanks, I’m feeling way better now. Still taking it easy, but happy with my progress. That sucks about your reaction to the pill, at least you don’t have much more time on it. Starting stims is so exciting but nerve wracking! I didn’t feel awful. Just bloated and crampy. Keep us posted with your progress

View original reply
@anon1234567:  welcome to the board!

Post # 310
624 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@Charliejeorge:  I think it’s completely understandable to be anxious but try and enjoy it. You’re pregnant and right now there is no reason to think you won’t stay that way. Do you have any symptoms now? When will you have your first scan? 

I think one of the only upsides to infertility is never needing to be on birth control again!

View original reply
@itsme1987:  I’d take not feeling awful. Bloated and crampy is manageable even if it’s not pleasant. 

Post # 312
822 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
@Charliejeorge:  that’s a great beta!! Can’t wait to hear about your ultrasound

Post # 313
1793 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
@Charliejeorge:  omggg what!!! Look at those strong lines!!!!!

thank you to everyone who replied about how their husbands feel about all this. In answer to a question no I don’t think I put a lot of pressure on him at ALL which is why his sharp tone kind of surprised me and hurt my feelings a bit. I don’t tell him when I’m ovulating, I do all the research, schedule all the appointments, make all of the plans. I feel like I carry the entire weight of this on my shoulders. He’s said before some of the same comments that your husbands have, that he wants a baby and is willing to do what it takes, just tell him what to do. But if it doesn’t happen he wouldn’t be devastated, it’s harder for him to see how much it upsets me.

we had our first consultation with the RE and it went AWFUL. She took one look at my AMH and said she’d skip straight to IVF. She didn’t have a plan for any testing we would need to do (and still hang sent it to me) and she was just overall very brief and didn’t really give me any info. It feels like she barely even looked at my case. I don’t feel like she would fight for us or treat us as individuals. I could get another opinion but I know we can’t afford IVF and she said with my AMH of 0.52 the risk of miscarriage is 40% which scares the pants off me. I can’t do that a third time. 

sonit looks like we are going to try 100% for the embryo adoption. I feel like the door is closed on biological babies so I am really at peace with the decision. I’m over TTC and just want a baby, regardless of genes. We’ve always wanted to adopt so this is a really cool option. So far we have yet to find a clinic in the US that will take Canadian embryos. I feel like once we find one then the process will go faster but boy this part of the legwork is grueling!

Post # 314
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

smile @Charliejeorge:  Congratulations!!!

Regarding next steps, recently it seems like I did ovulate (but quite late) — it seems like my lining is still thick despite the clomid. Before I do a next round of clomid, they’ll remove a small polyp. So nervous, I have never had surgery and am scared. But it can’t be worse than childbirth wink 

Post # 315
3196 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
@Charliejeorge:  careful about the birth control assumption! We had MFI also and didn’t use birth control post our IVF baby but somehow got pregnant by surprise with Baby #2. Somehow still thought it was a a crazy fluke and now currently pregnant with baby #3 also. I have no idea how it happened but I guess DH’s sperm somehow improved!? We tried to concieve naturally for 2.5 years with no success before. I’ve heard of this happening to a lot of people, too. So it is possible! Congratulations to you and a happy and healthy 9 months!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors