Spring/Summer 2021 Infertility

posted 7 months ago in TTC
Post # 316
114 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2017 - Los Angeles, CA

Hi bees. I went MIA for a few weeks, needed a mental health break I guess. My last cycle ended in yet another BFN. I took it pretty hard, not sure why when I thought I was getting kind of used to it but I guess you can never really get used to that kind of thing. DH and I did decide to continue though. But this cycle started off unlucky too. There was an electrical shortage at our clinic and the solution they use to wash the sperm was destroyed, they couldn’t get another shipment in time for another IUI, so we did a trigger and Timed Intercourse instead. I’m 6-7DPO haven’t really been tracking. I’m not very confident and sometimes I wonder why we keep trying. But I decided to come on and see how everyone else is doing, I am SO SO excited to see a beautiful BFP for 

View original reply
@Charliejeorge: !!!!! Congratulations mama! 
I pray this is just the beginning for BFPs on this board and we end this spring/summer board with some miracle babes! 

Post # 319
624 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

View original reply
@Charliejeorge:  That’s an awesome beta! The 27th will be here in no time. Do keep us updated on how it goes. So exciting!

View original reply
@eviegreene:  I think it’s totally understandable to be nervous the first time you have any type of surgery. I hope it all goes smoothly for you. I also tell myself that it can’t be as bad as child birth any time I have a medical procedure in this journey! ๐Ÿคฃ That said, I thought that my egg retrieval would be under general anaesthetic but apparently my clinic just uses heavy sedation…. slightly anxious about that now! 

Post # 320
624 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@vintagebee17:  I think we all need a mental health break in this from time to time. It can be so consuming. You must have been beyond frustrated with that situation. I can’t believe there aren’t back up systems for that kind of thing. It’s so hard when so much is out of your control. 

AFM: I have my baseline tomorrow and start stims for cycle 1 on Wednesday (assuming baseline is all ok). It’s been over 2 years since our loss and this is the first time I’ve had real hope. I’m so overwhelmed though. I want nothing more than to be pregnant but we went through so much with our first that I am also terrified of actually being pregnant. I feel ridiculous for this and I know I need to take it a day at a time right now but I am a massive overthinker and struggling ๐Ÿ˜ž. 

Post # 321
114 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@Charliejeorge:  Thanks bee, I’m hopeful but very cautious. I know very well that with all the meds and timing and procedures it didn’t work, so it’s extremely likely it won’t happen again this month but I just have to find that healthy balance of positive and negative. I am really rooting for an uneventful 9 months ahead for you! Send us over some of that precious baby dust lol 

View original reply
@mrsw88:  100% agree! Im so NOT the type of person who is easily accepting of things being out of my control and I’m definitely an over thinker too. This whole TTC thing is like that though, you can do everything right but nothing happens. Then one day, it goes right, right? We just gotta keep going! Rooting for you! And you’re definitely not alone in those thoughts that drive a person crazy… 

Post # 322
3891 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

Hey everyone. I’m in my third FET cycle now with a euploid embryo and will be transferring next week. I feel a little excited but mainly like “Well here we go with this fucking shit again…” 

Charlie, congrats to you! Very happy for you ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 323
624 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@vintagebee17:  Thank you, I’m rooting for you too. I know you’re not feeling like there is much hope this cycle but I’ll keep everything crossed for you. Do you have a plan for next cycle with your clinic if needed?

View original reply
@KittyYogi:  You’re feelings are completely understandable but I so hope this transfer is it for you. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž Are you doing anything differently this time? 

I had my baseline this morning and did my first menapur injection this evening. I was so nervous about doing it myself but it was actually ok, just a mental hurdle I think. I’ll happily take any tips though as I bruise stupidly easily and have really reactive skin so I can’t imagine it’ll all be this easy. 

Post # 324
3891 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

View original reply
@mrsw88:  thanks for the kind words. It’s just so frustrating and disheartening. I added one extra med (Neupogen) but not much different.  However – we did an ERA, I had a couple spots of endometriosis removed via a lap, and I did a bunch of additional testing that found nothing wrong.  So at least I’m armed with that knowledge.  We may also transfer our male embryo this time, which is slightly higher rated than the female we have remaining.  We have a toddler son and I’d love a daughter next, but I dunno, might just go with the best ranked one now.  Blagh.

Good job getting through the beginning of stims! The shots aren’t too bad once you get into it.

Post # 325
624 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@KittyYogi:  fingers crossed that those small changes and the removal of the endo are what you need to make a difference. You can’t select based on sex here unless it’s for a medical reason but that’s a tough call! Are you planning on stopping at two kids?

I’m on day 4 of stims and so far so good. I’m not really feeling any symptoms but maybe it’s too early? Hopefully something’s happening in there! I’m adding fyremadel tomorrow morning and have a scan on Monday (day 8). 

Post # 326
1332 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

Have any of you had a hysterscopic polypectomy? How long until the bleeding stopped? I’m on day 3 and it still would be considered medium in the AF world. I didn’t expect this much. ๐Ÿ™ 

Post # 327
114 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@KittyYogi:  I hope this is it for you, though the frustration is totally understandable…it’s simply not fair that we have to go through all this when others don’t. 

View original reply
@mrsw88:  thank you! Every time I feel a bit different I hold my breath and think “could this be..?” Then I snap back into reality. Last couple days have been exhausting! AF is due Tuesday. I am not really sure what the RE plans cuz I was supposed to do one last cycle with the same protocol + IUI before moving on to injectables. But since we couldn’t do IUI I don’t know anymore. I guess we will see if/when AF shows. I’m actually considering POAS in the morning to just get it out of my mind and start moving on in my mind for next cycle. I hate this so much! But…
Keep it up, we get stronger with every obstacle! I hope your appt Monday goes well, fingers crossed for you!!! 

Post # 328
624 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@vintagebee17:  it’s such an emotional rollercoaster. Did you decide to test? Fingers crossed AF doesn’t show but if so hopefully you get some clarity about the next steps soon. I sometimes think back over the last couple of years and honestly don’t know how I got through parts. I think we are all so much stronger than we realise… you’ve got this. 

My day 7 scan went well. My lining looked good and I have 10 decent sized follicles and a couple more that I’m hoping will catch up. Next scan is in 2 days but I’m on track for a retrieval next Monday at the moment. 

Post # 329
514 posts
Busy bee

Hey ladies,

Sorry I’ve been MIA from the board, I had an interesting time of it this round. For the first time follicles kept disappearing during stim. I started with 7 and ended with 5. Fortunately they were a mature and 4 fertilized. The fun began after retrieval, coming out of the anesthesia I had several seizures (or pseudo seizures) no one is exactly sure, and wound up in the hospital. It’s so humiliating, strapped to gurney foaming at the mouth I’m so over this…I have no idea how I’m ever going to look my RE in the face when the last time he saw me I looked like Old Yeller… ๐Ÿ˜‚

Anyone else ever have a complication like this? Anesthesia was administered by a new person covering for an emergency and ER said it was probably that they brought me out of the anesthesia too fast. 

On the upside my surrogate has basically made weight so we are starting testing this week, receptiva ERA etc. And are on track to do a fresh day 3 transfer all in October. 

Baby dust to all of you!!!!

Post # 330
114 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@jen9999:  Oh my gosh! First thing, I’m so glad you’re ok! That’s pretty intense and scary. I wouldn’t worry about being embarrassed though, if anything, someone screwed up and they’re lucky you’re alright now. I’m glad to hear everything else is on track! 

View original reply
@mrsw88:  Thank you, I did take a test in the middle of the day yesterday just to stop thinking about it. It was negative. AF should be arriving tomorrow and I’ll call my RE office to see what’s going on. It’s the limbo and waiting that sucks, I’m sure I’ll be good to go once I speak with them. 10 is awesome! I hope you can get those couple more too! Keep us updated after your retrieval! Fx!!!!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors