Spring/Summer 2021 Infertility

posted 9 months ago in TTC
Post # 331
517 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@vintagebee17:  definitely an adventure. I’m glad to hear that you’re starting soon. 

Post # 332
629 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

View original reply
@jen9999:  That sounds terrifying! I’m glad you’re ok. Absolutely no need for you to be embarrassed, especially if it was caused by something they did. Awesome news about your surrogate. Fingers crossed all the testing goes well… October will be here in no time.

View original reply
@vintagebee17:  I’m sorry about the bfn but I hope working out the next steps with your RE helps you feel a bit more positive. Limbo is absolutely one of the hardest parts. Are you hoping you’ll be able to move on to injectables or would you rather try the same protocol again?

My first week of stims was absolutely fine but I’m starting to really feel it. I’ll be glad to get to the retrieval. 

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by mrsw88.
Post # 333
114 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2017 - Los Angeles, CA

View original reply
@mrsw88:  Hang in there! 

AFM, AF showed up today. Will be going in to see my RE on Friday to get next steps. I’m really hoping they switch it up to injectables already, even though at the beginning of this journey, that was my biggest fear (I hate needles). But DH and I aren’t moving on to IVF if all else fails so I feel like I’d like to get to the finish line sooner or later. 

Post # 334
629 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@vintagebee17:  I would really push for injectable in that case. I don’t hate needles but I was pretty terrified of the idea of doing it myself and it’s honestly been ok. Once I’d done the first one and was over the mental hurdle I didn’t have any issues. Let us know how your appt goes. 🀞

I had a scan yesterday and they decided I was ready to trigger. I’m slightly disappointed because I have a fairly high AMH (23.4) so they were cautious about OHSS but my response is below average. Only 3 of the follicles on my left side have grown and I have 6 on my right that they think will be the right size. I was told that Monday will be too late, they don’t do Saturdays, so Friday it is! I triggered last night so I only did 8 days of stims in the end which seems really short… urgh I’m sure I’m overthinking it all. I was just expecting better results given all my stats and everything I’d been told to this point. 

Post # 335
3936 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

Thanks friends for the support.  I had my third transfer with PGT normal embryo yesterday.  I thought my husband might want to transfer a boy this time (it’s slightly higher rated than the girl we have remaining), but he was fine continuing to try for a girl since we have a toddler son.  I’m on HCG boosters this time, so I can’t test, I just have to wait for betas which are in a little under 2 weeks.  So, I’m just trying to stay positive and not symptom spot too much in the meantime. 

Honestly though I’m so over all this shit.  I can 100% picture getting another set of negative results and having to start all over from scratch.  3 retrievals, 3 transfers, 2 ERAs (long story), surgery (lap + hysteroscopy), hundreds and hundreds of injections, dozens of blood draws…. OVER IT.

View original reply
@jen9999:  Old Yeller!  Lololol that made me laugh.  I’m so sorry that happened to you!  Great news about the surrogate <3

Post # 336
3936 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@vintagebee17:  I’m sorry about BFN πŸ™  I would say go for injectables too.  You’ll get used to it, they’re not that bad!

View original reply
@mrsw88:  it’s so hard not to overthink and obsess.  Just be prepared for disappointment…. no matter what, it seems like every step along the IVF road is disappointing.  Fewer eggs / embryos than expected or desired, etc.  I hope it goes well for you!!

Post # 337
629 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@KittyYogi: I get that it must be hard to stay positive when you’ve been through everything you have. I hope the next couple of weeks goes quickly atleast and have got everything crossed that this is it for you. It sounded like you really wanted to transfer a girl so happy for you that your husband agreed! 🀞🀞🀞

I had my retrieval yesterday. Honestly the pain was worse that I anticipated. I had some IV painkillers and a sedative but was fully awake/ coherent and could feel it all. Needle going in etc. But it’s done. We got 7 eggs, 5 were mature and all 5 have fertilised normally. If one gets to blastocyst I go in for my transfer on Wednesday. It’s not what I expected but hopefully 5 is enough to get atleast 1 embryo.

Post # 338
3936 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@mrsw88:  those are good numbers! (5 of 7 fertilizing.) I’m sorry it wasn’t more eggs though, this process is so disappointing. Fingers crossed you get a few blasts out of it and the fresh transfer goes well!!! ❀️ Hope you are recovering well today. I got mild OHSS most times and it sucked, but it gets better quickly. 

Thanks, yeah I would love to have a little girl (although I am SO INTO being a boy mom too, I ADORE my son) so I was happy my husband was on board. If this fails we will try our boy next, and then probably transfer our mosaic boy + poor graded Day 7 girl at the same time. But may do another retrieval in there somewhere?? I’m 39 so I don’t want to kill half a year on failed transfers and then have to go back to the drawing board. I dunno. Hopefully it’ll be a moot point 🀞🏼 Yes it’s hard to stay positive, so I’m not really putting that expectation on myself, which is a relief tbh

This board is quiet. It’s like almost all the infertiles got pregnant and a couple of us are the lone survivors πŸ˜’ 

Post # 339
360 posts
Helper bee

Well, I’m still here!  Coming towards the end of a crazy summer season and we are looking forwards to september at some point to start up again.  Starting from scratch, but this time will go a bit more aggressive with stims to see if we can get more eggs/cycle.. anyway will see. Right now I am for some reason dealing with an abdormal menstrual cycle and it absolutely sucks (11 days and counting)…its slowing down to spottting now but still going.

View original reply
@KittyYogi:  Good luck, hoping for a sticky one! Everytime i just feel you chance incease..its gotta happen at some point!! I just wish they had a way to tell 5 days in not 2 weeks later but it is what it is.

Post # 340
360 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Charliejeorge:  oh wow congratulations!! I had to catch up on some of these major events!!! how are you feeling? 

Post # 341
108 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
@KittyYogi:  definitely not all pregnant! I haven’t conceived (coming close to 2 years of ntnp and >1.5 years of active trying). This week I have a “hysteroscopy & submucous Leiomyomas removal” surgery which I am not looking forward to (not so much the surgery, just being put under — I hate not being in control). Then back onto clomid to see if that was the reason! 

Post # 342
629 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@KittyYogi:  Thanks. I was really nervous that none would fertilise, despite doing ICSI, so I was just relieved that we’ve got what what we have. I’m crossing everything we have something to transfer on Wednesday. How are you feeling? Are you managing to keep busy and distracted? I feel like I’m the only childless person I know at this point so it’s the lone survivor thing in life too!

View original reply
@latebloomerbee78:  I hope your start date comes around quickly. 11 days sounds awful…. hopefully it stops ASAP.

View original reply
@eviegreene:  I hope it all goes smoothly and your recovery is quick. Do you plan to start clomid the following cycle or do you have to take a break in between?

Does anyone have experience with lubion injections? I’m doing it subcutaneously (thankfully!) but it is so sore compared to stims. It leaves white lumps and is really tender afterwards. Just wondering if anyone had any tips… I’m only on day 2 of progesterone (3 shots and 3 pessaries so far) and can’t imagine doing it for the next however many weeks. I’m so uncomfortable.

Post # 343
3936 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@latebloomerbee78:  seems like things always go abnormal when you’re waiting on them to be normal!  That sucks.  Good luck next month πŸ™‚

View original reply
@eviegreene:  good luck with the surgery πŸ™‚

View original reply
@mrsw88:  have you had any updates?  I know some places update on day 3… mine doesn’t. It’s almost better that way IMO, as the news is always kind of a blow when numbers go down.  Anyway, crossing fingers for you!  I’m doing ok, thanks for asking.  Busy with work, and we leave on Friday for a combo funeral for my Mother-In-Law and then family vacation, so that’s keeping me distracted.  Beta in 1 week….

No experience with lubion, but for progesterone, here’s what works for me: sit on a heating pad for a few mintues, warm the oil in the syringe slightly, inject REALLY slowly, rub vigorously for a few minutes, then sit on the heating pad again.  It’s definitely not fun!

Post # 344
108 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
@mrsw88:  
View original reply
@KittyYogi:  Thanks, both! I’m not taking a break inbetween — surgery is on cd7 and i’ll continue clomid cd7-11 (later in my cycle than my last protocol, and i think a slightly higher dose) 

Post # 345
629 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@KittyYogi:  thanks for the advice, I’ve slowed down (I was already going slow but now it’s slooow) and have been rubbing vigorously and it’s helped a lot. It almost feels like it’s dispersing it and avoiding the lumps.

We got one to transfer, one to freeze and one that they are going to check again tomorrow (day 6) just in case. Given our low numbers I feel 2 embryos was a success. Now it’s just a waiting game…. 

I’m keeping everything crossed for your beta 🀞

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors