(Closed) Spring 2012 babies: C-section or Vaginal birth?

posted 7 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
1676 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I would like to have a vaginal birth without any major interventions like epidurals or pitocin.  I too am very scared about childbirth.  I think this is natural though.  I plan to choose a good birthing class when it’s time, and also we would like to hire a doula to be there for the birth.  I recommend watching The Business of Being Born.  (You can stream it on Netflix.)  Watching that movie confirmed my initial thoughts that I would like to have a vaginal birth with no interventions if possible.  (But still a hospital birth for me.)

Post # 5
5388 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

@bells: I wish my husband could give birth. lol I hope to have a vaginal birth and a c-section as a last resort. I have to request an epidural ahead of time and pay the deposit. I will just request the epidural incase I choose to have it when I am in labor. 

Post # 6
5498 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

I want a vaginal birth, and to hold off the epidural as long as possible. I don’t want to be induced unless there is a danger to me or the baby-and I feel the same way about a c-section. I still plan on a hospital birth.

Post # 7
2083 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I’m totally on the same page as His Barista with this. Those = my plans exactly.

Post # 8
5655 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2011

I’m having a midwife and a home birth (totally natural). I had a c-section with my first son as a result of un-neccessary interventions that the hospital/Dr. pushed on me… since I’ve had a previous c-section, the hospitals where I live require a repeat c-section if you’ve ever had one, and well I don’t like un-neccesary surgery. lol

Post # 9
918 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Ideal world – vaginal birth, with a midwife, in a hospital, no interventions. If I could have it my way I won’t even get an IV. I only will go into a c-section if it has become unsafe for me or the baby. I want to avoid an epidural at all costs because of existing back problems that I have that could be irritated by an epidural (and could result in me not being about to walk for an unknown length of time).

Post # 10
959 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

I guess I’m in the minority but the only thing I care about is getting the baby out healthy, and keeping me healthy in the process- the thought of a c-section and other interventions do not bother me as long as they are not performed unnecessarily. While I agree that a vaginal birth with no interventions/meds would be idyllic..(loved business of being born), I like the knowledge that both baby and I will be monitored and if an emergency c-section needs to be performed, I don’t really think I will care. Just get the baby out healthy and in my arms! 

Post # 11
2867 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I’m the biggest wimp ever and was totally freaked out about a vaginal birth. After I had my epidural I was the happiest pregant lady ever and my delievery went very smoothly.

Once you get to that point you’ll be amazed at what you can do, it’s for sure scary but when you’re in the moment you kind of forget about all that.

The topic ‘Spring 2012 babies: C-section or Vaginal birth?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors