(Closed) Stale dated wedding present?

posted 6 years ago in Money
Post # 3
46607 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

n incorrect name is not a problem. You just have to endorse it twice, once the way he wrote it and then underneath with your correct name.

Post # 4
2105 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

You can still cash it with your maiden name.  If there’s a problem, bring a copy of your marriage license with you.  How long ago did he give you the check?  If he gave you a check 6 + months ago, I would contact him out of politeness.  “Hello Uncle ____!  I just realised that I never cashed your generous gift from [bridal shower/wedding/engageent].  I just wanted to let you know that I planned on cashing it this weekend since I waited so long.” 

That way he can move some money if he wants to do so.

Post # 6
4284 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I would just bring it to your bank first and see what they say. If it is an issue, then contact him with a short email letting him know.

Post # 7
6221 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House

They won’t cash a check more than 6 months old usually. I would just email him to let him know

The topic ‘Stale dated wedding present?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors