StarsGem 2019 projects and inspiration board

posted 1 month ago in Rings
Post # 2
145 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Also would like to add Demi’s what’s app# 

+86 177 7740 7925

*Thanks for starting a new thread! You have helped soooo many of us!! 

I just paid for my 3 stone ring, 7.5mm GH color H&A / 2x 4mm in 14k white gold size 4.

This custom ring I’m working with Demi, she’s been great so far and I’ve been chatting with her with her WhatsApp # 

my inspiration ring 

Demi told me she would send me the CAD on Monday so I’m really excited ๐Ÿ˜‰ and that my custom H&A round will take about 7-10 days.  I’ll post my CAD once I get it. Yay 

Post # 4
373 posts
Helper bee

hm2012 :  checking this thread every time I see you post to see this gorgeous ring!  I thinks it’s a highlight!  Hurry up SG!  We may all want one! ๐Ÿ˜Š

I also want to thank you for this thread and others to which you have contributed. I’ve been able to take your advice and some of the other experienced ladies and create some beautiful rings I would never have if I had to pay thousands of dollars! 

Post # 5
519 posts
Busy bee

hm2012 :  Thanks for creating a new board! I would add that it’s good to get a quote from different reps. Sometimes they quote different prices for the same thing.

I can’t wait to see your ring. I was looking at getting one from Tiffany for my anniversary this year, but this will be much prettier I think. I may have to steal your CAD if turns out well. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 6
168 posts
Blushing bee

cicix3 :  That was my inspiration ring too! I was all set and ready to order it from BE, but when I asked to have rounded traditional prongs and not the pointy claw prongs, they told me that would be a “custom order” and quoted me hundreds of dollars more just to have rounded and not pointy prongs! I honestly was turned off from doing business with them and looked into having an Etsy jeweler design a custom setting for me using it as inspiration and I’m SO glad I did because it ended up costing me half the price and it turned out so beautiful I can’t stop looking at it! I’m really excited to see what you end up with from StarsGem. If you don’t mind posting your CAD or pics when you receive your ring, I’d love to see! Thanks!

Post # 7
145 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

abcxyzbee :  sure! I’ll share my CAD once she sends it to me! Did you end up going with a moissanite with that setting? What type of wedding band did you end up with for this setting? 

Post # 8
168 posts
Blushing bee

cicix3 : I used the lab created diamond from my original solitaire e-ring. I’m so conflicted with what type of wedding band to go with, I just love it on it’s own. So I’m thinking just a plain thin band, but I haven’t made up my mind yet. What are you thinking as far as a wedding band?

Post # 10
966 posts
Busy bee

I have bee playing around with their lab diamonds and am in the process of ordering a hydrothermal emerald with lab diamond pave.  I already have a CAD that is a cathedral with hidden halo and I am going to use that as a guide but it is a take on the ‘Rachel’ ring.  I just have it modified to clear a band. I am going to try for an octagon cut if they can do it.  Cherry said they will have to ‘grow’ the emerald for me as I want it lighter and with some silk line inclusions.

This isn’t mine but it was on Grace’s IG post and I inquired about it.  These are 4 mm or .20 each 1 TCW so they have been cutting them bigger.  This price was $600 in white gold.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxZX531lP9T/?igshid=1j943e3pkcm0v

My son also ordered a .50 carat that was supposed to be E/F color ideal cut VS2.  He had it sent out to see what it came back as and it was ‘I’ color ‘very good’ cut and VS2 so it is still rather loose grading in the larger sizes. I think the pave and smaller stones are fine but the color is not as white as they say.  We paid $335 plus shipping so it was around $400.

Post # 11
966 posts
Busy bee

If anyone is in the Vegas area, Cherry Zheng will be at the jewelry show at the end of this month for one week.

Post # 12
966 posts
Busy bee

Did this one for my sister-in-law.  I bought the loose stones from Starsgem. The center is an antique cushion 8 mm with sides that are 4.5 mm H&A sides. I decided to have this made by my step-son’s company because I wanted to go with a harder wearing platinum (PT950/RU).  This is a very, very low setting so that works for her.  Shown paired with a vintage bead set ‘G’ diamond band in platinum.  They go really well together.

ACC Video

Post # 13
14882 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I just picked up my ring today from getting my purple moissanite set and I freaking loooooove it!!!!  Finally after 5 years of holding on to that stone I got it in the perfect setting.

Thank you hm2012 for your ring design!  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 14
Hostess
9548 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Chicago, IL

pinkshoes :  Omg drooool. I’ve been coveting a purple moissy forever! Love how that turned out.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors