StarsGem 2019 projects and inspiration board

posted 1 year ago in Rings
Post # 136
27 posts
Newbee

View original reply
zeldabee :  it’s gorgeous! That cut is really nice.

Post # 137
425 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
hm2012 :  I found “Lacie ” earrings!!   

Post # 140
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

What do y’all think of this 9×6 colorless pear? I’m really debating if I should go and purchase this… Just this year I started to admire pears in halos and My husband purchased a pear in a halo 3 months ago but I cancelled the order so quickly thinking I was going to regret that I chose to have a pear for an upgrade ring… ahhh idk >< but I keep thinking about it hah which doesn’t help at all. I may end up loving it or I may end up not.. my 3 stone ring is currently in production and am still waiting 🙂 

https://vimeo.com/338137016

Post # 141
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Has anyone had a band made for a ring after they get the ring? Lol I’m not even sure that makes sense?! I love my oval so much, but not loving the big gap between it and my wedding bands as much. So I’m wondering if I can have custom bands made for it that would sit flush and surround the oval without sending the oval back to them for measurements. Do you think that’s possible? 

Picture of my oval and bands for gap reference 

Post # 142
200 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
sparklingkate14 :  maybe they could go with the measurements from the CAD and go from there.. I think it may work that way 

Post # 143
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
cicix3 :  hahaha that’s what Demi said when I just asked her! Now I just need to decide on the style and she can have them made! Off to look at sparkly things I go! 

Post # 144
43 posts
Newbee

Screen Shot 2019-05-25 at 4.30.46 PM

hey yall! 

dropping in my CAD for the ring ive comissioned from Jocie. Its inspired by east/west gem co’s leighton ring, but with lab biamond melee and a custom 9×7 cushion brilliant moissanite center stone.

once we got the cad to my liking i handed it over to my bf to take over from here…. but hopefully he wont make me wait twenty years to get this beauty on my finger! will spam with pics once its in my possession 🙂 

Post # 147
97 posts
Worker bee

The inspiration: hm2012’s ring she had made for her mom

1st CAD. Circled part is white gold, rest is yellow. Wrong basket

Post # 148
97 posts
Worker bee

None of my pics would upload so I made a collage.

It took 5 CARs to get to the final CAD. It seems like things fall through the cracks a bit. Like I would point out it’s the wrong basket and that would get fixed, then the in the next CAD, the color of the gold is wrong or the U prongs get forgotten. We got there in the end though. Excited for this ring to be made! I won’t be seeing the final product. It’ll be getting shipped to the house and I’ll officially be a waiting Bee. 

Final specs:

Size 4.75

7.5mm OEC moissanite

Two 3.5mm H&A moissy

Two 3mm H&A M oissy

U prongs

U prongs and basket in 14k white gold

Shank in 14k yellow gold

All stones in DEF

Final cost including fees and shipping: $580

Post # 149
200 posts
Helper bee

My ring is all done!!!

https://vimeo.com/338822894

I do have a question, how is DHL shipping like? Do they just come and drop off? Do they ask questions about our packages? 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors