StarsGem 2019 projects and inspiration board

posted 1 year ago in Rings
Post # 151
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

View original reply
@ hm2012   as far as video shows, I’m loving it! I kinda regret going with 3mm for the shank.. I think I should of went with 2.5mm lol. Ugh but that’s my fault oh well.. but overall I’m loving how the quality looks so far by video! I’m super excited to receive it πŸ˜€ I’m a little nervous that the 1.5 looks huge! But everything always looks so big on video haha 

Post # 153
200 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@ hm2012   I’m really liking the lace as 3mm, it’s just something about it πŸ˜‰ I may end up using lacie as a RHR if I feel like it doesn’t go well with my 3 stone ring. 

I was going through my phone photos of ring inspo and forgot about this 5 stone band that I had saved awhile back and now I’m thinking if I should also Have SG recreate it! Haha what do you think? Do you think the way this ring is made would it eat away my prongs of my 3 stone ring if I pair them together? I am no ring expert so I really want to make sure before I make this purchase.. 

I’m thinking 2.5mm Diamonds, or should I go smaller? And what do you think the width of the band should be? 

Post # 155
200 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@hm2012   honestly i think I could deal with 5mm total in thickness too, actually My original engagement ring was a really super super thick band it was very unique and if I could guess the width I’m going to say it was most likely 4mm-4.5mm around there and I had a 1.8-2mm curve wedding band paired with it. 

My side stones on my 3 stones are 4mm.. I’m thinking maybe 2mm or 2.5mm for the 5 stone.. really hard to picture it.. I’m hoping SG can recreate it πŸ˜› 

Post # 157
98 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@ hm2012   What issue did you have with the U prongs? Is there anything I should tell them, like how Bees have learned to ask for “thicker arrows” etc?

Post # 158
425 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@ cicix3   agree with hm2012, I sent them a “carved” side like that and it was created very “flat” with no dimension.  Not sure if they can make that happen?  I haven’t tried them again, but when I do I will be more specific about it being “curvy” and dimensional, rather than flat… again, I factor in the excellent prices and I am willing to be a bit more descriptive if I go for round two πŸ™‚

WHAT I WANTED: 

WHAT I GOT: 

Post # 161
37 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@ cicix3   That band is exactly my style. If you go ahead, I’ll be waiting with baited breath to see the outcome. 😍😍

Post # 162
37 posts
Newbee

So my ring came! I love it. It’s not too tall. The stone does appear to be a 7.5, not a 7 as requested. But not complaining!!! (Excuse my old hands and my boys’ Lego mess in the background!)

Post # 163
200 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@ ginger74   isn’t it so beautiful! Ugh. I decided not to do it with SG. Lol. It’s really nice but as others say I feel like it’ll be more flat. Maybe one day! I found those photos from August Vintage! He posted that photo awhile ago. 

Post # 165
37 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@ hm2012   I love it! I am done. I’ll have this one for awhile. I tend to go through erings like water (so many pretty options) but I love this one. Simple and classic. But now I need a new band… 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors