StarsGem 2019 projects and inspiration board

posted 2 months ago in Rings
Post # 286
2 posts
Wannabee

Hi Bees! Long time lurker, from the other starsgem weddingbee + pricescope threads. Thank you so much to @angelwaye and @luckyrabbit for sharing your beautiful projects!

I’m gearing up to place an ER order with my SO with starsgem, similar to True Gem Sienna ring—https://www.instagram.com/p/BwC-59QhQyb/?igshid=1nt72v6ypgcib  and will def be posting cads to the group for review!!

The one thing holding me back is I’m  nervous about how long the pave band will last without falling out. Definitely going to keep the measurements a bit thicker, and order extra stones to be safe. Another poster had what looked like a channel set band I believe, that still had a stone fall out. Hoping to hear some feedback about how your starsgem pave has lasted over the last few months -year.

Thank you!!

Post # 287
205 posts
Helper bee

cicix3 :  oh wow that pear cad looks really close to your inspiration photos! I’m excited for you! Can’t wait to see the finished ring and am interested in hearing what you think of the lab diamonds in the halo. 

Post # 288
205 posts
Helper bee

Has anyone ever ordered just a SETTING ONLY from SG?

I was so impressed with cicix3 :’s three stone. I have a very similar ring, and from the top view they’re almost identical, but the side views are different and seeing hers on this thread I just fell in love with how hers looked.

Here’s her side view (I hope you don’t mind me reposting your pic)…

and here’s mine…

I just love how hers is more delicate and open and you can see more of the stone!!!

So on a whim without really thinking it through, I asked Grace to make me a cad for the setting only (I want to use the stones I already have). This is what she came up with…

The price for the setting only was very reasonable compared to what I paid for my original setting (half the cost), so I figured I’d give it a shot. Has anyone done this? Would I just take the new setting to a local jeweler and ask them to switch my stones over?

Post # 291
159 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

abcxyzbee :  I don’t mind at all! πŸ˜‰ it’s for anyone that would want it just in case if they would like the same as well! 

I agree with hm2012  the CAD looks a little different then mines, it kinda actually looks similar to what you have right now.. did you show the exact cad to grace? 

Heres a photo of the side

Post # 292
159 posts
Blushing bee

hm2012 :  well photos does make our rings so much bigger then what they really are real life right?! aaaah  I can’t wait to see photos of them paired together!!! πŸ˜€ show us a video as well! Hehe

Post # 293
1197 posts
Bumble bee

kibeth242 :  I haven’t heard of ppl having issues with normal pave. All my normal pave all have looked good. As long as you don’t make the melee stone size too small and the band too thin, you should be fine. 

And I love that setting from True Gem Company:)

Post # 294
1029 posts
Bumble bee

abcxyzbee :  if you order the setting only, I would let them know the depth of your current stone. Hopefully you have some original paperwork that you can verify as each company can cut them in slightly different proportions. If you want to be sure, I would try to find out or the stones may not fit correctly. 

I would also look into a local jeweler that will set a moissanite for you that they did not sell you directly. A lot of the mom & pop shops will but mall shops or bigger companies are more likely to say no these days because they can’t guarantee they won’t damage the stone. 

Post # 296
1029 posts
Bumble bee

kibeth242 :  welcome over here too!  I haven’t had any problems with my pane either. Lucky rabbit and I have a tendency to keep iour rings on the thicker side though. Like not going under 2 mm. I feel if you are going to go with SG, it is really worth it for the small amount of extra money to go with lab diamond pave. It is harder and less likely to crack when hit on something. If the band is thick enough, than the pave is also less likely to fall out. It doesn’t mean it can’t happen because that will always be a small issue for pave so it makes sense to ask for at least 2 more extra stones. 

It will also be easier to service your ring in the future or match stones if you do loose any extra. Trying to match up moissanite pave is harder over here and not every jeweler will work with it. At least with a lab diamond, they are not likely to say no. I think in order to properly save money by ordering direct from China, you sort of want to future proof your ring because a jeweler over here can charge about half of your original costs to inspect, fix, plate a ring. 

Post # 297
205 posts
Helper bee

Thanks everyone for the advice, I will dig out my paperwork and send the exact measurements, that’s a great idea.

Definitely want to see that little delicate solitaire paired with the Lacie! Pics and video please! I second that!

Post # 298
159 posts
Blushing bee

abcxyzbee :  Can’t wait to see your setting and Lacie!! πŸ˜‰ 

Post # 299
392 posts
Helper bee

hm2012 :  Your “sweet petite” is up on Insta right before “Lacie Rose” if you haven’t seen it yet!!   They are both BEAUTIFUL!! 

Post # 300
392 posts
Helper bee

Ladies!  GO check out “Lacie Rose”  on the Lovely Lacie thread….she is the 2nd version of Lacie and  she’s lovely!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors