StarsGem 2019 projects and inspiration board

posted 7 months ago in Rings
Post # 346
1286 posts
Bumble bee

sandybeach :  What company is this picture from or is it just from Pinterest?

Post # 347
1286 posts
Bumble bee

sandybeach :  I would let Grace know that it is a floating setting and not just shared prong.  I found a few vendors pics of something similar just so I could zoom in.  There is a 2 mm version and a 3.2 mm version.  I would say that the 2 mm stones have a 1/2 mm gap in between each setting.  Grace should be able to work it out on the CAD more specifically based on the number of stones but that would be my guess. The bigger version looks like it has a 1 mm gap between each 3.2 mm stone. If you don’t like the height of the prongs, also let her know if you would like them a little more flush so they are not sticking out. You want it to be comfortable. 

https://imgur.com/a/zxCTkUG

Post # 348
198 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2019

angelwaye :  its Rosadas Box, I think. She said she would remake the ring – phew. Thank you for the pictures. I’ve sent them and a few more to her. I’m going away next Sunday for the summer, so I won’t get to see my ring until August now! I was hoping it would be here before I went away, but there is no chance with it being remade.

Post # 349
198 posts
Blushing bee

I have the new CAD for the oval and round pave band. It doesn’t look like my inspiration picture, but I can’t put my finger on why. I feel like the oval needs to be wider or the single round stone smaller, but I don’t know what changes to suggest to get the CAD closer to the inspiration picture. I think the oval shape in the CAD is maybe to long. I think less stones length ways. The CAD has 5-6 tiny stones, but the picture has 4 across.

I think I want the band be thinner than 2mm.

Post # 350
1286 posts
Bumble bee

sandybeach :  I think they are not getting to the oval shape because the pave melee is just too big.  I think it is fine to have the 1mm pieces in between each station.  I would have the .08 pieces be changed to .05 mm.  Each station has 10 pieces to create the oval (which they have) and the 2 pieces in between can go from 1.2 to .08 mm. This should allow a more oval shape to the ring and keep it daintier than your current CAD.

Post # 351
1286 posts
Bumble bee

Finally got these baby ACC’s set in the earring backings. I am not seeing any double refraction in this size so they look just like diamonds in person. I originally got these for my daugher so they are smaller than I would have bought for myself. The cushion faces up slightly smaller than the equivalent round .50 diamond stud. These feel pretty sturdy in 14K white gold. I paid $170 for then in G/H. My only compliiant is that it is hard to see the faceting at this size and it does look like a round when it is in the ear. I think they would need to be .75 each to look more square.

Post # 352
104 posts
Blushing bee

My solitaire is done and here! I love it! I was debating having a new comfort fit wedding band made to pair with it, but I think the band I already have is working well and I like the look. We’ll see… lol

Post # 354
42 posts
Newbee

So not sure what came over me but I ended up ordering TWO rings from Grace lol. One will be an OEC solitaire in a tulip setting. Second ring will be a diamond cut oval with pave band.

Grace has just sent me the CAD for the OEC ring – does it look alright to you guys? Not sure if it’s becuae it’s a digital image but the stone seems to sit funny on the prong? Like there is a bit of space between the prong and stone. Or am I being too paranoid.  Also attached the inspiration picture. 

Post # 355
42 posts
Newbee

CAD for second ring is here. The bottom 1.5mm is that too thin? What would you guys recommend? Is there anything else that look off? 

Post # 356
198 posts
Blushing bee

The new CAD looks much better, but it’s not half eternity, so  more stones need to be added. Anything else?

Post # 359
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

hm2012 :  thanks! And I was surprised Demi had it in her pinky! I was like woah! I Had to ask her to make sure the pear ring was a size 4 just in case lol! Yess I’m soo happy that they nailed this setting. My matching band should be done tomorrow:) 

EDIT — hm2012 :  I guess my band got done a day early! It’s ready

https://vimeo.com/343605971 2.5mm lab diamonds / 3mm width 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors