StarsGem 2019 projects and inspiration board

posted 2 months ago in Rings
Post # 466
1060 posts
Bumble bee

abcxyzbee :  I am glad you got a new price.  I was pretty sure she would address it.  When I have spoken to her about other complaints on pricescope and here, she has always fixed them.  She is just not great at communicating it back to me.  

I have noticed with the last few people I have helped recently, that SG’s prices have still been lower than the other’s. I told these people to get prices from Provence and Tianyu and Starsgem has been coming back at a little less than Provence.  I really hope SG can manage to keep their prices low. This on and off again trade war with China is driving up the gold prices lately so that is not great news either. 

Post # 467
96 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

angelwaye :  

Would appreciate some help from anyone! 🙂 

I’m thinking about having STARSgem create me a 3 stone setting with the center stone being a 9×8 ACC, what size oval diamonds should I go with for my side stones? I would like to source my own oval diamonds so I just want STARSgem to create the setting with having my Acc set into the setting. 

Here is photo of inspo:the only change is the center stone would be a ACC instead of oval and would like claw prongs. 

Post # 468
1060 posts
Bumble bee

ceeceelove :  What is your finger size?  If you get the ACC in those dimensions the cut is definitely going to be more square and I am not sure how the ovals will look. If you get it slightly elongated like an 8×9.5 or something like that, it can have a more rounded look so there will be less gaps between the sidestones. 

I did the same thing and sourced my own diamonds for side stones. I have an ACC with tapered baguettes being finished up. You should speak to Ivy & Rose since they come across a lot of these preloved. If you want a blingy look, you can go up to 1/2 carat. I would say a 1/3 of a carat would be right in the middle. If you have a very small finger size, like under a 5, I would go with a .25 carat. I would also check eBay. You might find a setting that you can repurpose or also Loupe Troupe or Diamond Bistro. 

Make sure you find the side stones first so they can design the setting or else there might be a chance the ovals won’t fit. You need the length, width and depth. 

This is mine. I am having the same problem like the other one I did with the depth.  I found someone who can recut moissanites and he said he can reduce the height by 30%. It is my fault for having these sent to the jewelers before I look at them. These cushion’s are very pretty but they are such deep stones.   

Post # 469
5 posts
Newbee

autumn2019 :  wowwww those both look amazing on your hand. My ring size is about 8.5 so quite a bit bigger than yours. I may go with the 10 by 7 mm oval instead, beef it up a bit for my beefy fingers haha. 

Post # 470
5 posts
Newbee

angelwaye :  just a quick Thanks for the info about what’s happening at SG, and talking to Cherry! 

Post # 471
32 posts
Newbee

angelwaye :  thanks so much for checking with Cherry! Good to know they are back on track 🙂 I’m quite impressed with SG that I might order earrings or necklaces in the future 

Post # 472
1060 posts
Bumble bee

autumn2019 :  allichan :  I know the moissanites are always going to be cheaper but I will be really bummed if the settings start becoming too expensive for everyone. Several of the Tianyu quotes have come in at almost the same price as David Klass for the same setting. I know their orders have really slowed down.  Let’s hope SG stay’s affordable and still gives us good service.

Post # 473
206 posts
Helper bee

Received my CAD for the curved band. I think it looks okay. Before I approve it, does anyone see anything that needs changed or have any suggestions? I’m hoping it will sit nicely next to a three stone, like in the inspiration pic below..

Here’s the cad for the three stone I’m hoping it will sit next to.

Post # 474
1060 posts
Bumble bee

abcxyzbee :  I think the 3 stone loooks fine.  They should change the thickness on the wedding band to 1.8 mm so they match and line up properly. You have to remember that you will loose .2 mm after they polish the rings.  It is already at 1.5 mm so it will get too thin once the polishing is done.

I would ask them to do one view where they show the two rings lined up together. Usually they put that on the CAD unless the CAD’s were not created at the same time.  I am not sure if they will do it, but it is worth asking before you approve. 

Post # 475
75 posts
Worker bee

hm2012 :  this is the last CAD I received. I want the pave style on the sides it doesn’t look like that but the measurements on the side I think at the end it will look how I want it.  Hoping this is it so they don’t hate me lol

Post # 476
206 posts
Helper bee

angelwaye :  oh okay, perfect, thanks for your help! I already have the finished three stone, unfortunately, so I’m not sure if they can show them on a cad together. They made the three stone for me a month ago, so I’m just kind of eyeballing it hoping they look okay together.

Post # 477
1060 posts
Bumble bee

abcxyzbee :  Since they already made the ring and have the CAD, they should be able to copy the band over to the 3 stone ring.  I would just ask them if they can show a view with the two rings together and ask to increase the thickness on the band.

Post # 478
206 posts
Helper bee

angelwaye :  ohh nice! Okay, it’s worth a try asking if they can! That way I’ll be able to see exactly where the curve will be. Yes, a tiny bit thicker band so they line up nicely. Thank you!!! 

Post # 479
75 posts
Worker bee

abcxyzbee :  I sent them my CAD for my engagement ring and they put them together so yes they can do it! My CAD wasn’t from them. Your band is so pretty happy they fixed the pricing for . you!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors