StarsGem 2019 projects and inspiration board

posted 4 months ago in Rings
Post # 541
86 posts
Worker bee

abcxyzbee :  thank you! I can’t wait until it gets here!

Post # 542
42 posts
Newbee

Hi everyone! I want to order a h&a cut from SG but I’m a bit worried that it’s not going to look nice. Out of the other Chinese vendors, were you impressed with anyone else? I’m hearing good things about Mona and Provence gems but wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with their h&a cut. 

Also, is SG the only company that are doing lab diamond side stones? 

Thanks 

Post # 544
415 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

autumn2019 :  I personally loved my SG H&a cut and mine was made back in the very beginning of the journey with them 

Post # 545
415 posts
Helper bee

CAD approved and we’re on to production ! 

Post # 547
1166 posts
Bumble bee

autumn2019 :  I think SG can make a H&A cut as good as Tianyu now.  I would get in contact with Demi [email protected]. I feel like she has a better understanding of what people want right now vs some of the newer staff.  Their lab diamonds are getting pretty cheap in pave and I would definitely recommend getting them. It has been hard for people to find jewelers willing to work on the moissanite rings if they have issues and if you loose a lab diamond, you can always replace it with a mined diamond. Moissanites in rounds still perform well but the diamonds do look so much better in smaller sizes.

I don’t think that Tianyu does lab diamonds and it doesn’t seem like they plan to any time soon. I heard that Provence does it now but I haven’t really seen any projects by them with lab diamonds yet.  Maybe check the Provence thread. There is a person over on pricescope that contacted Provence to ask for a copy of her current diamond e-ring in a bigger size so she could use it for travel. Soon after, she saw a picture of her ring posted on their IG page saying that they made it for a customer as a moissanite when it was the picture of her hand and her diamond version (she had not even ordered anything yet). She is not a user over here but she had a hard time getting them to take it down. These sorts of things make me hesitate ordering from them. I think their prices are starting to go up quickly and SG seems to come in the lowest lately too. I also know that SG and Tianyu would not do these sort of things.

Post # 549
1166 posts
Bumble bee

hm2012 :  I didn’t want to post over there since I haven’t ordered from them.  It was Flora’s WhatsApp number though I know that multiple people use it. I didn’t think their quality was as good yet and I am not crazy about their aggressive sales tactics. This makes me not want to try them at all now and she posted a warning over there.

Post # 551
1166 posts
Bumble bee

hm2012 :  They were banned off of reddit for advertising and then they had people doing it on their behalf. It wasn’t hard to figure out but yes, it does look like it has cooled off. I inquired through Alibaba once or twice but the email’s I kept getting were a turn off. They seem to have adjusted their prices now more in line with SG probably because they weren’t making any money and with the on/off trade war, people have been investing in gold and driving prices up again. It is already hard to trust the process of sending a chunk of change over to another country on something you haven’t seen to people you don’t know. It is even harder if you feel they are being deceitful from the beginning. The lady said I could put her post over here but I didn’t want to alarm anyone who has projects in the works…

Post # 552
415 posts
Helper bee

abcxyzbee :  i’m actually really excited for this one ! 

After losing my radiant from Provence (which I didn’t love.. sadly.. but hell to actually losing it lol) i’m looking forward to some yellow gold and some colour. 

Post # 553
119 posts
Blushing bee

Hi Ladies, I’m hoping you all can give me your opinions on the Tapered baguettes like the ones in the picture. 

Does anyone have a ring like in the picture with moissanite tapered baguettes? Are they supposed to “sparkle” or just be more flat? 

I’m also not sure about the sizing.. I would like my centre stone to be 8.5*7 and not have the tapered baguettes too big and long. The only available tapered baguettes SG have are 5*3*2. Would it be too big?

Post # 554
1166 posts
Bumble bee

miumui :  I had one and had the larger size from SG with an 8.5×9 so I think you would be fine.  Here is what the pictures looked like when they showed me with an oval as an example. I sold it around Christmas because of the lack of sparkle from the baguettes.  You can see in my videos that the baguette band has almost no sparkle.  I bought some preloved diamonds from Ivy & Rose and redid the setting with diamond ones which will be here on Monday.  The moissanite is not bad if you are getting it with the ACC because that does sparkle really well.  You just won’t get much out of the sides stones. Even the diamond ones don’t sparkle like crazy but they do have more white light return and a deeper dimension to them. 

ACC with baguettes

Post # 555
119 posts
Blushing bee

angelwaye :  thanks for your reply Angelwaye! That was my concern… That it would be kind of flat or lifeless.. but SG doesn’t have lab diamonds in tapered baguette, so I guess I’ll have to change my design…  

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors