StarsGem 2019 projects and inspiration board

posted 4 months ago in Rings
Post # 646
121 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2019

This was the other band, I just love it!

Post # 648
121 posts
Blushing bee

hm2012 :  I think I will order 10 loose lab diamonds to match the anniversary band and have them set in my engagement ring to match. I was never happy with the way the band was made on my engagement ring, it wasn’t made how I asked it to be, so I’ve always wanted to have it reset. It always bugs me. I think I’ll get it reset just before the anniversary, so that it all matches.

I love wearing my wedding set so much, it’s important for me to get it right.

I’ve asked star gems for a quote on 10 loose lab diamonds. The small lab diamonds are stunning!

Post # 649
340 posts
Helper bee

I’m a bit sad. I got the final pics of the finished rings today and unfortunately they don’t look like the inspiration pics I sent through. I queried a few elements of the CAD and was told that the prongs would be smaller after polishing but they’re not. I have a feeling that pave set rings can be difficult.

I really don’t want to be that fussy, difficult to please buyer, but these are wedding rings and I’d rather we got them right the first time. Anyone else had issues with their rings? Lulu has been awesome so far, especially because there’s a time crunch. I feel bad telling her I’m not really happy with them ๐Ÿ™

Post # 650
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

milesandbos :  aww, sorry you feel that way.. that’s the  thing I really worry about too..

can you post photos of it? Would love to see. 

Post # 651
340 posts
Helper bee

cicix3 :  Thanks! I’ll try to upload the inspiration pics and the actual pics. It’s always a gamble ordering online. So much easier if you’re replicating someone else’s ‘already made’ piece.

The main issue is the diamonds not coming right to the edge of the band (they’re 2mm and I think the band is 2.4mm) and the size of the prongs. I would have happily gone up to 2.5mm diamonds if need be. 

Post # 653
340 posts
Helper bee

hm2012 :  thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately they were shipped before I got the pictures (I asked Lulu not to ship them, but it was obviously too late by the time I got the photos/video) so I will have to wait until I receive them before I decide what to do next. A bit frustrated at the moment, but there’s not a lot I can do. 

Post # 654
121 posts
Blushing bee

milesandbos :  oh dear that’s frustrating. I was unhappy with my band and they remade it. They should have waited for your approval before shipping ๐Ÿ™

Post # 655
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Hi there,  

im hoping you lovely ladies can help me,  I’m looking to have a 3 stone EC ring made by one of the Chinese vendors.    I’m a size 8 and was thinking about a 9.5 x 7.5 posdibly but I have absolutely no idea on what size sides I’m looking for,  I also know that I want it to sit as flush as possible with my wedding band.

angelwaye – your EC ring is stunning,  I tried to post over on PS but for some reason I couldn’t. 

Post # 656
6 posts
Newbee

Hey bees! Long time lurker here who is now FINALLY creating her perfect engagement ring! ๐Ÿ™‚Seeing all of your creations has been so fun to watch, I can’t wait to put my own together, with a little bit of help from all the experts on these pages!

Im sure throughout this process I will have tons in questions, but the first one i have is diamond cut or brilliant cut oval?

I want a 2.5-3ct elongated oval solitaire with 14k yellow gold band and a hidden halo.  Very plain!  But which cut would make it resemble a diamond the most?  I have the same issue with crushed ice ovals as many people have expressed here… flat, milky, etc.  So I’m leaning towards diamond or brilliant cut.

i plan to go with starsgem as I have seen a bunch of people say their ovals cuts are best!

I know some people think the ovals don’t look like diamonds at all, so I figured I’d start here! Thanks in advance for all your help ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 657
1166 posts
Bumble bee

debwillow30 :  The emerald cut is very pretty in moissanite. It actually looks better in person than it photograph’s.  I prefer a little skinnier cut than the one I chose because I think it really helps reduce some of the double refraction.  Mine is G/H but it actually looks pretty white in person.  I think most people prefer a colorless one but it depends on your personal preference.

My ring sits very low because the emerald is a shallow cut.  I can’t fit a band flush with it because it is so low. If you really want a band to sit flush, I would do an emerald with tapered baguettes.  They can keep the center a little higher and angle the baguettes and that should make it so you can have a flush sitting band. The antique cushion I just did with tapered baguettes does allow a flush band and that style would work for what you are after. There might’s be some traps that might work to create a flush band too but you might have to find an example that they can duplicate.  I think the East/West Harper ring might be a style that would work.

Post # 658
1166 posts
Bumble bee

sak233 :  Starsgem (Cherry) told me they are no longer doing the diamond cut. The option now is a H&A cut that replaces the brilliant.  A few people have ordered one but I haven’t seen a picture or video yet. I guess they weren’t happy with the inconsistencies in the diamond cut.  I would probably choose the H&A cut over the crushed ice but you might want to contact them for some comparison pic’s. I would email Cherry directly and see if she can give you a quote. Some of the people say she quotes less than the other’s ([email protected])

Post # 659
6 posts
Newbee

angelwaye :  Thank you very much for the response!  I have admired all your rings and advice on reddit, pricescope and here smile I can’t wait to start my collection!

Post # 660
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2017

angelwaye :  Thnks for the advice,  my inspiration ring is a Lauren B  3 stone,  I’m really not sure on the side stone dimensions,  I also love the other ring (apologies if the owner is a bee but it’s stunning)

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors