StarsGem 2019 projects and inspiration board

posted 4 months ago in Rings
Post # 766
4 posts
Wannabee

ellyd23 :  I’m OBSESSED with your gorgeous EC! Who did you work with at Starsgem and do you still have CADs? I’ve been wanting an EC with baguette sidestones and your ring may be a great reference to start with as far as sizing is concerned 🤩

Post # 767
1932 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

AutumnMcBride :  Thank you! I worked with Grace at SG for that ring (although I believe she’s no longer there – Eva has taken over that email address). This was the final CAD for the ring:

I also wanted a 3-stone ring with baguette sidestones and was working with Cherry on that one (because I’m a crazy ring person, apparently). They just finished that up – it’s shipping today, I believe – and sent me the video last night: https://youtu.be/R3zbj63DwHc

Post # 768
4 posts
Wannabee

ellyd23 : THANK YOU!! I’m super waffling between Starsgem and Mona, I’ve really liked Starsgem’s emerald cuts and how delicate their pieces turn out, but with all the turnover lately I’m unsure. I appreciate your help, though! And your new ring is LOVELY, augh I’m a sucker for a step cut that’s for sure.

Post # 769
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Hi Bees 🐝 

someone else from starsgem contacted me and asked if she could quote for something so I gave her the same specs I gave Eva and the quote is now the exact same as the one I got from Provence at $635,  is this normal?  Do they often quote 2 prices depending on the operative? 

Thanks 

Post # 771
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2017

hm2012 :  I didn’t reply once I’d got the more expensive price from them,  it’s almost a $300 difference,  I confirmed the price twice before I decided to go ahead with it,  it may well be an  expensive mistake but time will tell,  do the reps read here or on PS? 

Post # 773
208 posts
Helper bee

Hi bees! After going back and forth on ring designs I finally went and tried some on and made a decision. The diamond has been purchased (I’m sooooo excited!!!) and now we need to have the setting made. Out of curiosity, have any bees here had a halo ring made? I’m going for a round halo and having a hard time deciding between peg head and cathedral. 

Also, with the lab diamonds what colour would you say they are? Do they perform well or should I go with moissanite for the setting? 

Thanks so much 🙂

Post # 774
121 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2019

sydneybee4 :  I would go with a peg, because you can fit wedding bands and stacking bands underneath and they will sit flush.

I have lab diamonds in my bubble and breath band and they are so sparkly. Definitely go with lab diamonds. Disappointed with the sparkle of the moissanite melee in another band I had made.

I’m also getting a halo made for a loose stone with a bubble and breath band to match the other band Stargems made. Was thinking of an oval illusion with a round stone. I love round halos, but they don’t look great on my finger, sadly. I’d also love a simple solitaire, but again they don’t look good on me. So I’m going for the oval shaped halo with lab diamonds. 

Post # 775
208 posts
Helper bee

sandybeach :  oh that’s beautiful!!! I love that!! And it looks spectacular in that photo on your finger  

Yes ive taken the plunge and asked for the peg head. I was going to send them Lauren b photos but then I found one already made on their Instagram and thought it might be safer to send them something they’ve already made? 

Im not sure Lucy is around anymore. She hasn’t been on whatsapp in ages so I’ve just contacted someone named sue through alibaba. Any suggestions on someone else I should contact instead? 

This is the photo from Lucy’s Instagram (I’ve asked for lab diamonds though). It would have been grand if it had been someone from Weddingbee with a cad already. I’ve never gone through this process before so I’ll need a lot of cad feedback I think lol 

Post # 776
121 posts
Blushing bee

Thank you, I hope it looks good on my finger when it’s finished. Custom made jewellery is a gamble. Although I’m so happy the bands I had made. That’s why I’m getting an engagement ring to match.

I’m working with Sue too. It’s a public holiday in China today and tomorrow for Mid-Autumn festival, so don’t expect a reply until Monday.

I saw that ring on their IG, it’s lovely. I really like the way Lauren B raise their halos above the ring so that they sit high. That’s the look I’m going for.

When you get your CAD, what you see is what you’ll get. If you don’t like anything mention it before the ringbis made. The only thing that changes from the CAD to the made ring is the width of the band after polishing. I wanted a thin 1.6mm band, but it said 1.8mm on the CAD, because they polish it down to size, so it ended up at 1.6. Just something you should know about.

Post # 777
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

sydneybee4 :  I’m not sure if you saw this posted recently from Silvia Instagram account but here’s another halo ring made from SG

I also had done a pear halo with them and it turned out really good. A very solid ring. 

I would def get lab diamond melees instead using moissanite, their lab diamonds are super sparkly! And the cost difference isn’t much.

I use to talk to demi but now I’m currently talking to a new rep name Eva! And she’s really great! She is really understanding and super nice, here’s her what’s app # +86 189 7748 8670

Post # 778
208 posts
Helper bee

sandybeach :  I don’t know how I will translate that to them but hoping for the best. When I get the first cad I’ll come back here and ask for help 🙂 I’ll tell them I’d like to sit a wedding band flush so the peg needs to be high enough. 

I don’t even know what kind of width to ask for on the band etc. hopefully it all works out okay. 

Oh I think it will, I love how the halo is unique! Can’t wait to see it when you get it. 

Post # 779
121 posts
Blushing bee

cicix3 :  Glad to hear the pear halo turned out well. I’m nervous about my stone not fitting the setting. I’ve given them the circumference in mm so it should work out.

Post # 780
208 posts
Helper bee

cicix3 : thank you! I hadn’t seen that. Only the one on Lucy’s Instagram! Yes I’m definitelt going with the lab diamonds. Do you mind sharing a photo of your pear halo? So glad to hear it turned out well!  

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors