StarsGem 2019 projects and inspiration board

posted 6 months ago in Rings
Post # 811
296 posts
Helper bee

sandybeach :   angelwaye :  thank you guys so much! I honestly wouldn’t have known where to begin. So thank you for sharing your knowledge and experiences with me. 

I’ll have a look at the halo sizes and see what I prefer. In terms of cathedral I actually went to a few stores and tried both on and I quite like the peg head especially because I think it will be easier to have a wedding band sit flush with it. I have the following photos to provide Sue with lol I hope I come across clear in what I’m after. 

Post # 812
154 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2019

sydneybee4 :  I really like a peg head with a halo too. That’s what I went for.

Post # 814
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2017

sydneybee4 :  I have this ring that I got from MoCo 12 years ago, it’s the easiest ring to wear,  I wanted a flush halo too to sit with my wedding ring. From memory there are 6 grams of gold in it.  

Post # 815
154 posts
Blushing bee

sydneybee4 : They started making it on Monday, I’m nervous and excited. I’m getting the setting only, so I’m really hoping my center stone fits well. I’ll have to get it set at a local jewellery store. 

Post # 816
296 posts
Helper bee

sandybeach :  I’m doing the exact same thing so hoping for the same 🤞. I had a look at halo sizes and I think I quite like 1.5mm diamonds. I think that’s just right for me. 

Post # 817
296 posts
Helper bee

debwillow30 :  that’s a beautiful ring! More of a bezel look. It looks like it could sit a flush wedding band perfectly! 

Post # 818
296 posts
Helper bee

Bees I took the plunge! I paid the invoice via paypal and Sue says I should have a cad by tomorrow 🤗 so bloody excited!!! 

Post # 819
296 posts
Helper bee

Okay bees. Help! (Tagging a few of you) 

This is my cad. So they’ve done 1mm on the halo and 1.7mm on the band. 

Did someone say their 1mm lab diamonds look dull? Do you think they do 1.3mm and do you think that will look better? 

Anything you see that you think I should change? 

Thank you 🙂 

angelwaye :   sandybeach :  

cicix3 :  

Post # 820
154 posts
Blushing bee

sydneybee4 :  

these suggestions are all personal preference.

1) I feel like the halo stones are too small compared to the band.

halo stones won’t look dull, but the bigger they are the more they sparkle. I have 1.3 in my halo and they are sparkly. Larger halo stones give off more sparkle.

2) the head of the halo is rounded, can a wedding band sit flush against it?

3) is the diamond too flush? It’s almost buried.

These are just suggestions for you to think about.

Post # 822
296 posts
Helper bee

sandybeach :  I just wrote a whole reply and it’s vanished. 

Thank you so much for your feedback. Do you have photos of your 1.3 halo or is that the one being made? 

1. That was my initial thought as well, whether the size difference would look odd. 

2. Another concern of mine, I will ask to make them more straight? Hopefully I can communicate this to Sue properly. 

3. I requested the diamond be flush and not sitting high up like the Lauren b setting below. Do you think it’s more buried than that? 

Also on the cad do you think that the diamonds on the band are too spaced out? I’ve not worked with cads so it might just be me. 

Post # 822
296 posts
Helper bee

sandybeach :  And sorry one last one. Do you think if I ask for 1.3 diamonds on the halo that it will look okay with the 1.7 in the band? 

Looking back on this photo it seems the diamonds are bigger in the band. I don’t mind it. Thoughts? 

Post # 823
154 posts
Blushing bee

I could be wrong, but the diamond looks very low. I found these 2 pictures. One the diamond is very low like your CAD. The other the crown of the diamond peaks out a tiny bit. Neither would have an air gap. Go for the look you prefer. With the diamond completely flush it kinda blends with the center stone.

You can see what I mean below, one is very flush. The other is slightly raised. 

Post # 824
154 posts
Blushing bee

sydneybee4 :  here is my halo, with 1.3 stones. The diamond sits very low like your cad and really blends in with the halo is most lights. I think it also blends in more, because it’s a fancy cut. Round stones probably won’t blend in as much? I don’t know.

Post # 825
154 posts
Blushing bee

sydneybee4 :  

I think it would look more balanced if the halo stones matched the band more closely in size 1.3 and 1.7 might look better.

Your band says 2.2mm on the cad, so it will be 2mm after polishing, not 1.7. Just incase you didn’t know.

Ask Sue if it’s possible to place the diamonds closer together on the band. If it’s possible, they will do it.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors