StarsGem 2019 projects and inspiration board

posted 6 months ago in Rings
Post # 826
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

sydneybee4 :  yeah I agree with bumping up the halo melees to 1.3mm Lab Diamonds I think it would be a better look. The width and thickness looks great too. 

Heres a photo of my old setting I use to own with 1.3mm melee diamonds on halo. 

Post # 827
296 posts
Helper bee

sandybeach :  cicix3 :  

thank you!

I have requested for 1.3mm in the halo, the diamond to be a tad higher and the diamonds in the band to be closer together. I’ve also asked her whether the head would allow a wedding band to sit flush or if it needs to be less curved.

I hope I explained everything clearly enough.  

@sandybeach yes sorry, I meant the diamond mm not the band it self. 

Post # 828
1284 posts
Bumble bee

sydneybee4 :  I agree that the diamonds need to be 1.3 mm. That is the size that is delicate enough and still gives you the halo sparkle that you need w/o it looking like just a small trim. I also like the center stone tight, but just slightly elevated. When it is completely flat, it can look like moon, with planets circling. I made my first halo this way and it was a pain in the but to keep clean.

On the CAD, the metal always looks like that but it won’t in real life. This is not something they can change as each diamond has to be pronged and spaced correctly. It will get all polished down but they have to start with the extra metal to have something to work with. The rest of the measurements look fine. Having 1,7 mm in the band and 1,3 in the halo is all very standard so it will look good. 

Post # 829
296 posts
Helper bee

angelwaye :  thank you so much! I did ask Sue for all of those changes so hopefully they all came across clearly. 

Post # 830
296 posts
Helper bee

sandybeach :  cicix3 :   angelwaye :  

the updated cad is here!! What do you think? 

There is no issue having a gap where the diamond sits right? (Like underneath the diamond) 

Post # 831
200 posts
Helper bee

sydneybee4 : looks good to me. My new halo from SG that I just got has no gap where the moissanite sits so it should be good too. 

Also what size is your center stone? It doesn’t say on the cad.. I only ask because the last time my cad showed the wrong size center stone so that had to be corrected. 

Post # 832
296 posts
Helper bee

cicix3 : I think it looks good too. I’m excited to approve and get started!  

sorry I didn’t explain the gap thing properly lol. I have circled in the photo. I’m assuming that’s okay? 

The centre diamond is 7.3mm. I’ll give it to Sue again because she has to get that right as I’m setting it’s locally. 

Thanks 🙂 

Post # 833
200 posts
Helper bee

sydneybee4 :  oh that! Yes that gap is ok too.. mines is also like that. Here’s a photo. You can see a very small gap 

Post # 834
1284 posts
Bumble bee

sydneybee4 :  I think the measurements look fine as long as you gave SG the depth measurement if they are not setting the stone. The rest will be up to the jeweler to make sure there is no gap once set and there will always be a very tiny space left under the stone to make sure the tip does not get broken off. 

Post # 835
296 posts
Helper bee

angelwaye :  I did and I just gave the measurements once again on approval and she confirmed they’re making it for that size. 

cicix3 :  

thank you both so much for all your help! It’s been approved and now the wait begins! Sue said 10-14 days to make because China National day is coming up. So excited!!! I will update once I have photos 🙂 

Post # 836
6 posts
Newbee

I’ve had my lacie for a couple of weeks now and I am really happy with how it turned out! All the stones are set flush and it is very comfortable to wear.

Post # 838
296 posts
Helper bee

dracarys :  Did you ever do anything with the OMC in the photo you posted? 

I absolutely love it. Already thinking about my next project. I want a toi et moi ring and that moissanite looks perfect!! Do you have any more photos of it? 

Thanks 🙂 

Post # 839
1284 posts
Bumble bee

cicix3 :  I saw a peachy/pink sapphire that was emerald cut for sale on diamond bistro today and thought of you.  It might be out of your budget but that is kind of an unusual shape and looked like the color family that you were after.  

Post # 840
296 posts
Helper bee

My ring is finished!!! I’m not sure from the photos whether I think the halo is too big but too late now lol. Has anyone requested they send some loose stones in case some fall out? Thanks for all your help bees. Can’t wait until it’s here! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors