StarsGem 2019 projects and inspiration board

posted 1 year ago in Rings
Post # 871
23 posts
Newbee

You have all made me obsessed with Moissanite! Haha I ordered a couple of things from Tianyu & this pendant from Starsgem through Lulu to try out the companies. Lulu was very helpful and her quotes are definitely coming out less than Tinayu for me. I originally ordered a crushed ice Pear but it had a touch of colour to it when she sent me the video so I changed it to a diamond cut instead. It’s a bit more on the brilliant cut side rather than crushed ice compared to what I was hoping for but it’s still a nice stone & the necklace is well made. I really want that crushed ice look though without it looking too white & milky or showing any yellow. Going to keep experimenting!

Post # 873
23 posts
Newbee

Here is a clearer photo

Post # 874
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2018

Hi bees,

Tossing up which metal to use for a stacking ring.

Do you have a any experience with their PT950 in comparison to US PT950 with ruthenium?

Does it look visibly different? Wear different/develop different patina?

thanks!

Post # 875
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2019

I work with my hands and wanted a ring that I can wear to work and not worry about it getting knocked around a little. I messaged Mona (IG: moissy_diamond_jewelry) on October 3 and she sent me pics and videos of the final product today! It was so easy working with her and she kept me updated in all parts of the design process and the price was so reasonable. I highly recommend working with her!

Here is my bezel set 8.5x6mm crushed ice oval moissanite ring!

Not sure if this link for the video will work: https://vimeo.com/user104369623/review/368848028/8b1695f0d0

<h1 class=”_7UhW9 fKFbl yUEEX KV-D4 fDxYl “> </h1>

Post # 876
1522 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
rotybob : I’ve had both and you might have read my posts on this from other threads.  I did make a solitaire that was kind of thin and managed to deform it.  It was an unusual circumstance with it happening and falling on my hand but it can happen. I wouldn’t say it looks completely different but I am almost certain that they rhodium plate the platinum as well.  The two other rings I had made in platinum were pretty solid. Minor scratches that sort of developed a patina.  It didn’t really get too scratched on the top so it still looked shiny.  I could actually wear it with 18K gold or platinum and it matched both.  If you work with your hands a lot or are rough on your rings then gold might be a better option for you too. 

My advice is always the same to not make it too thin.  If you are using unusually large stones or doing something u-prong, where the stone is basically only being held in place by the prongs, then you should go down to 14k gold.  I am pretty sure that there is nickel in their gold in case that is an issue for you.  

Post # 878
578 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Sooo, anyone ever ordered a bezel from stargem?

Would you rather work with stargem or etsy vendor from India called GoldenBirdJewellery?

Advice please thankssss….

Inspo pic:

Post # 879
1522 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
Newgirl87 :  I haven’t seen too many bezels from SG. A few from Tianyu but it has been awhile. Someone just ordered a bezel from Mona on this thread a few before your post.  Looks very pretty in an oval.  

I haven’t looked at the India moissanite in awhile.  They typically use the older Forver Brilliant rough so it is usually more yellow than some of the moissanite from China.  It really depends on what you like. 

Post # 881
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2019

View original reply
Newgirl87 :  I just got my oval bezel ring in today! I posted with a picture and video of it on my hand. 

I highly recommend working with Mona. I sent the first message to her on October 3rd. It took less than a month from the first message to delivery and she sent pictures and videos at every step (stone, CAD design, final product). I sent her pictures of what I was looking for and the ring came out *exactly* how I wanted. Mine is set in 14k white gold and the price was similar to the GoldenBird prices for 14k gold.

Post # 882
14 posts
Newbee

Does anyone have any pictures with the round brilliant stone from starsgem as opposed to the hearts and arrows? Is there much difference? I’m ordering my ring this weekend! 

Post # 883
1522 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
shinesparkle08 :  I think there were a couple from SG on the early days of the eBay thread from Luckyrabbit. Somewhere between the pages of 80-100. You can also look at the C&C brilliant cuts as it was very similar to that. Kind of splintery as opposed to the H&A where you see the arrows in the cut. The brilliant cuts will have a bit more double refraction. 

Post # 885
14 posts
Newbee

View original reply
angelwaye :  I’ve asked for a H&A stone. Demi is doing my CAD today hopefully so will post soon as I have it! Soo excited! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors