StarsGem 2019 projects and inspiration board

posted 7 months ago in Rings
Post # 887
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2019

Spiritway11 :  Whoops! Not sure what happened to the link but it should just be /370405399 after the .com

Post # 889
492 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

simplysparkling :  so pretty!!!!! My current contact is Demi and she really gave the best price in my opinion, and its $40 below goldenbird. So are you happy with the ring? Especially the setting?

Btw are you payingg full in advance?

angelwaye :  thanksss for the info. I do think the moissy from india looks more milky, but I don’t know if it just because of the photo. I like the SG stones better but I think they can be inconsistent with their setting, while with goldenbird its otherwise..

Post # 890
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2019

Newgirl87 :  Thank you!! I’m glad you’re getting a good price! 

I am sooooo happy with how the ring turned out. It is basically identical to to the inspiration pictures I sent, even down to small details. My design is super simple so there probably wasn’t too much room for error but I have seen uneven, cheap-looking bezel settings before. I am OBSESSIVE about design quality and this setting definitely exceeded my expectations. 

I did pay full in advance. I think it would be reasonable to see if you could set up a payment plan where you pay part up front and the rest after the ring is finished. Good luck with your process! I can’t wait to see how it turns out 🙂

Post # 891
14 posts
Newbee

Got my CAD back! I asked Demi to adjust the measurements on the bottom of the band and the width of the band as I want these to be 2.2mm and 1.8nm after polishing. I’ve just asked for the measurements for the height of the basket as I don’t want it much more than 5.5/6mm does this seem okay? Also would you say these prongs are claw prongs? 

These are my inspo pics, but I asked for the cathedral to be removed! 

Post # 892
14 posts
Newbee

Hi Bees,

After some back and forth with Demi about making sure my wedding band would sit flush to my engagement band this is my final CAD. I’m so nervous now waiting for it to be made. I’m going to have a H&A stone should I request thick arrows? 

Post # 893
5 posts
Newbee

Hi everyone. I am (im)patiently waiting for the CAD for this ring: https://www.moissaniteco.com/cushion-forever-one-vintage-engagement-ring-with-milgrain-p-25581.html in 14K white gold, size 5.25, and 7x6mm ACC. I’ve been wanting to get this ring for my wife for the longest time, and since discovering the Chinese vendors it’s finally within my grasp!

I love all the information on this board; super excited to read it all! 

Post # 894
1291 posts
Bumble bee

I remember this ring looked very similar to the one from MoCo’s of my friend’s.  It  didn’t have the  surprise stone but I am sure they can change it.  This one was ordered through Starsgem

Example

Post # 895
5 posts
Newbee

Hey angelwaye, we’ve been chatting on Reddit – I found this thread and wanted to read more and understand the process a bit better ! 🙂 Thanks again for all the help !

Post # 897
19 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2020

shinesparkle08 :  Hi there! Not sure how this thread works as I was browsing randomly- just thought to share a photo of mine as it looks very similar to your CAD! My e-ring has no problem sitting on my wedding band. (: Hope this helps! 

Post # 897
5 posts
Newbee

Hi everyone, I received this CAD from Starsgem this morning: 

enr149 from starsgem 11/28/2019

Right off the bat I am going to request to thicken up the width – I was reading to go at least 2.0-2.1mm after polish. Should the thickness also be around 2mm?

How do the prongs look? They look really thick; but don’t have dimensions. Should I ask for double-prong?

I feel something is a bit off at the base of the ring – here: Imgur; am I just being too picky? I don’t want the “surprise stone”; but I feel like it’s not exactly the same.

I’d like the pave on the wedding band as well, and same thickness changes.

From the CAD, I understand it’s not going to look as dainty/delicate as the MoCo ring; but at less than 1/3 of the price I’m not complaining!

Thanks so much everyone!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors