Is this working? Of course it’s in micro print again. *annoying*
I have to say thank you to all you ladies for sharing your experiences buying stones and custom jewelry from StarsGem
I wanted to do a summation so far of things advice I’m gathering from this thread. Please feel free to correct me if anything I say is inaccurate.
********General TIPS ON BUYING FROM STARSGEMS:*******
Stones bees seem to like:
1. Round cuts: want hearts and arrows? ASK for the THICKER ARROWS or else it may look more like a round brilliant
2. Elongated ACC: Beautifully cut stones but make sure to see stone first before setting to check symmetry of all sides. Tricky to set, prongs may not be perfectly aligned. Make sure stone sits straight on the band.
3. Brilliant cut ovals (recommend colorless EF in most cases) this fancy cut shows more color.
4. Emerald cuts (recommend colorless EF) may show more color although some bees say GH works well too.
Stones some bees like, others prefer other vendors, or not at all?
1. OEC – Old European cut rounds. Want a particular petaled center. Ask for specific shape!
2. Oval crushed ice: variable opinions on this one. Not diamond-like enough for some. Not all agree.
3. Cushion crushed ice: may/may not have enough sparkle or does not have type of sparkle you’re looking for compared to diamond
***pears: not much experience there yet
At this point in SGs production there are some things to consider when looking at CADs.
Final metal width will be lesser by 0.2-0.3mm post polish. Account for this especially on band sides and bottoms.
Make sure thickness of ring will be comfortable for you. 2mm seems like comfort point. Greater than 2.5mm may not.
1.8mm band width is recommended as minimum for band integrity through years of wear.
Make sure all intersecting points of ring make sense. Make sure band thickness/widths match the stone basket’s base or sides
Pave: make sure all gold is well covered with stones and no metal is peeking through.
Getting a price. You may want to shop around among the reps. They do not all quote the same price on the same project. Weird, I know.
Check out their IGs for past projects and inspiration. Cherry does the most projects but does not have an IG page!
The ones I’ve found so far are:
#moissanite_rings: (Grace) WhatsApp: 89 18977488670- [email protected]
#moissanite_diamonds : (jocie) WhatsApp: 86 18078066750 – [email protected]
#moissanite_gems_jewelry: (Mona) WhatsApp: 86 18177405297 – email?
Cherry sales manager: [email protected]
Hope this helps some bees making the right choice for them!