(Closed) Starting to panic that it will rain (outdoor ceremony & reception)

posted 8 years ago in June 2010
Post # 3
1956 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Tannery Pond at the Darrow School

Ugh, yes, it’s pouring here today and I thought I was actually having a heart attack on my walk home from work, thinking about what the wedding would be like if it rained as hard as this…Let’s all do the sun dance together, hopefully June will be warm and dry with no rain in sight!!! 

Post # 5
6572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2010

try not to worry about things you can’t control! even if it rains, you’ll still be married, and that’s what’s important. we had an outdoor ceremony and reception, and we were more worried about it being too cold for everyone. and of course it ended up being freezing, we moved to plan b which was some inside and some outside, and it turned out beautiful!

Post # 6
1562 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

yup – this week SUCKS here in indy – rainwise…and our ceremony is outside (garden deck) but i’m sure it’ll be beautiful – and if not, they will move the ceremony inside for us.

i hope for you that yours is gorgeous and dry and blue skies!!

Post # 7
1995 posts
Buzzing bee

I totally feel the same way!  I’m still 3 weeks away but check the radar!  I think its important to not let yourself get upset about it – now or day of.  If you tell yourself it’ll ruin your day – then it will.  As sucky as I’ve heard other people say “make the best of it and be happy your friends and family are there”.  Its true. 

I once went to a wedding where the bride was clearly upset about something – for the entire wedding.  She didn’t smile once!  It was weird and a lot of people work of the bride’s vibe.  Don’t be the pouty bride!

Post # 8
295 posts
Helper bee

I’m starting to stress about this too—which is crazy because it NEVER rains in late June in Northern California…but wouldn’t you know, this year there’s rain in the forecast right up until Memorial Day! It’s an El Nino year, which brings us extra rain out west (and I think in other parts of the country, too?) But definitely nervewracking, since we don’t exactly have a rain plan. I’m trying not to think about it in the meantime!

The NWS projections for June do call for the rainfall to go back to normal across the country and the temps to tick back up to seasonal norms, though. Let’s assume they’re right. 🙂

Post # 9
4001 posts
Honey bee

I can’t even say anything to try to ease your mind, I’m starting to panic for the same reason.  I know things will still be beautiful, and they’ll be fun.  And I know getting married and having my family and friends there to celebrate is most important.  But for so long I’ve been envisioning an outdoor wedding and I’ll CRY if I can’t have that.  I wish I didn’t care!!

Post # 10
2476 posts
Buzzing bee

I feel ya!  It’s been dreary/rainy here in Southern California the past couple days!  That is NOT characteristic of our neck of the woods.  I’m sending us all good vibes for good weather on our wedding days!!  Laughing

Post # 11
120 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

It rained every single day the week of my wedding. It was pouring. I remember going shopping with my little sis for last minute thing, and the two of us kept having to run and hide. It also snowed the week before my wedding. That was April in New York. 10 days from the wedding, the forecast predicted rain, cold, and miserable. I panicked. It was supposed to be an outdoor ceremony. My Mother-In-Law wanted to order umbrellas just in case. I said let’s wait and see. The day of the wedding, it was bright sunshine, over 70 degrees, and absolutely beautiful.

Don’t let it get to you. Let it rain now, get all the rain out of the way, and you will have your sunshine then :-). But you know what, even if not, it WILL be beautiful. When the day arrived, I realized I couldn’t care less. Keep staying positive! 🙂

Post # 12
3762 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Have you guys heard of DryDay?  I guess it is long rang weather forcasting.  There isn’t every city available.  I am on a “transition day” meaning not rainging but chances are it might.

Post # 13
3252 posts
Sugar bee

It’s been raining here a lot as well and ugh…I would cry my eyes out if it rained on our day!!

Post # 14
137 posts
Blushing bee

I am very much so with all of you! My ceremony is outside and reception (at same place) is inside and out. We technicly have enough room inside if it rains…but it will be a too tight fit with no room for dancing, which was to be outside. It has been gross and rainy here and all I keep telling myself is that it is getting all the rain away before june! I am going to buy a few clear bubble umbrellas and a pair of rain boots and then try to stop thinking about it!

Post # 16
546 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Well due to a admin error we are having to have our ceremony in a parky orchardy thing – in September – RAIN!!! So we are going to have loads of umbrella’s borrowed from friends (any colour as long as it’s not black) for the congregation – and then a great big see  through one for us and the official. I’ll be walking up the isle with my bouquet, umbrella and uncle LOL!

The topic ‘Starting to panic that it will rain (outdoor ceremony & reception)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors