(Closed) Starting to panic that it will rain (outdoor ceremony & reception)

posted 11 years ago in June 2010
Post # 17
88 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Great…according to DryDay our wedding falls on a risky day. Every time it rains lately, I just keep hoping that the weather is “getting it out of its system” before our wedding.

Post # 18
227 posts
Helper bee

Oh yay, we have the lowest risk of rain for the next two months on our wedding day!!

Post # 20
244 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’ll cross my fingers for you! I think the rain is slowly clearling out of TN.  This weekend looks to be good, for example. But I totally know where you are coming from.  We aren’t getting married for a while yet but it seems like it never rains at this time of year so it’s scary!

Post # 21
1573 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

get ready for plan B! We had a September wedding I was freaking outwhenever I ooked at the weather forecast, the only thing bad was we couldnt have park pictues, which would have meant we would have  more time with our guests, luckily it was nice and sunshiny

be prepared so you dont have to stress and just plan with plan B

Post # 22
1184 posts
Bumble bee

Rain is good luck so don’t worry. My Fiance worked at a wedding about a week ago where it was an outside reception. It did rain. It rained after the ceremony, but before the reception. As my Fiance recalls it poured for about 10 minutes and then it went away. 

Be sure to put some tents up so your guests have somewhere to run for cover. I’m not worried because I’m getting married inside a church with a reception indoors as well. I was actually sorta bummed that the weather would be beautiful but we would be stuck in a building. But I guess I wouldn’t really mind if it rained….

Post # 24
4381 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Ceremony - First United Methodist Church; Reception - My parents' house!

Accuweather is telling us we’ll have rain too. BAH! We need to do some anti-rain-dances STAT.

Post # 25
29 posts
Newbee

im right there hoping and praying it doesnt rain, as everything is outside. its practically rained every day the past month here in nashville 🙁

Post # 26
1250 posts
Bumble bee

I just looked at DryDay.com and it says my date is a “risky” day for our location…however, thats a little confusing because for the past 20 years, its only rained twice on that day. I’m a little skeptical (or maybe I’m just trying to be optimistic…)

Post # 27
333 posts
Helper bee

We have been checking the weather for this weekend around here and are pretty happy.  Our venue has beautiful rain back up plans so it will be fine either way.  The way I keep look at it is that we will get some great mud puddle pictures if the rain comes out.  🙂  

Post # 29
137 posts
Blushing bee

daniellemybelle  I was just planning to pick up a few at Target since they have them with silver handles and edges. They were like 12.99 each.I agree that AcuWeather is #(&!^& up because it keeps changing by the day.

Post # 30
29 posts
Newbee

@daniellemybelle  ~  we have a tent outside for shade and the back up plan in case it rains. were just having small ceremony at SO grandparents house. im hoping and praying for good weather, that it doesnt rain and isnt too hot. it hasnt rained the past few days so maybe the spring showers have (finally) passed

The topic ‘Starting to panic that it will rain (outdoor ceremony & reception)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors