(Closed) Starting to TTC in 2017?

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 2
2867 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

We will be starting in 2017 also, after A LOT of talk about it! Both are very excited we actually agreed on it πŸ™‚ We are taking a vacation in Feb 2017, after that we will get busy πŸ™‚ Probably not really giving it a go until May of that year, but still better then nothing πŸ˜›

Post # 4
2867 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
themrszilla:  Honestly, I go in waves of “OMG WHY CAN’T WE JUST START NOW!” to “Maybe, we shouldn’t at all.” LOL that’s fear talking though. Right now we are waiting for our house to be redone and finished, get through the holidays and our trip. I’m sure this time next year I will busting at the seams to get the party started. 

I actually would like a summer baby too, but that’s just me having a first world problem. Besides we have WAY too many family birthdays in June, so we shall see. I’d rather not have a Jan-March baby, but I won’t get that picky.

Post # 6
2867 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
themrszilla:  LOL I hear you on the sleep. I don’t function well without it. But – we share a small bed with two dogs, lol so i’m used to not sleeping fully through the night thankfully. 

My mom works in the school district, so it would be nice to have a baby when she is out of work for the summer. I rarely see her since she works two jobs, so it would be fun. And well, I live in a tundra, so a summer baby where I could actually go outside sounds A LOT better then 5 months of winter.

Post # 8
237 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I was so excited to find this thread!!! My husband and I are going to start trying in June of 2017.  We have planned it around when we will be comfortable buying a house and feel we have enough saved in case of emergencies.  We are worried about a few things: What if we can’t find a house before we actually have the kid (Did anyone have a kid while they were in an apartment?).  We have enough room for them, but having a house just feels more secure in our opinions.  Also my biggest fear is what strangers are going to say.  I will be 24 when we have our first kid, but I still get people asking me when I will graduate from high school.  So, I’m worried that people will comment about being 16 and pregnant, when I am definitely not 16.  I know I shouldn’t be worried about it, but I am.  Are you guys worried about anything?

Post # 9
197 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

We are getting married in August of this year and I’d like to be married a year (or close to!) before we start TTC. Fiance is 4 years older than me so he’s definitely more for it than me, but I think of it as our next adventure! I did say my only stipulations were that we go on 1 trip (not counting honeymoon) and have been married close to year. I just want to enjoy being married for a while! But I’ve been getting baby fever lately!! lol

Post # 10
651 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

Love this thread! Fiance and I will be getting married July 2017 and then most likely start trying right after the wedding or when we go on our honeymoon in September 2017. Our baby fever never stops, we’re so excited 2017 seems like ages away! Fiance will have to move in 2018 for his job so we will be moving across the country from our family before baby is here. I’m definetly a little worried about raising a baby away from my parents and handling being a new mom in a state with no friends or family. My cycles are also really long (40-45 days) so I’m also a little worried about concieving. 

Post # 11
329 posts
Helper bee

DH and I will be starting December 2016 depending on how things go. We are trying to paint the house, save for furniture, get the furniture, etc. I also want to save a good deal of money before we TTC so it may very well be Jan or Feb 2017! I so want to start now tho! 

Post # 12
1604 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

I can’t believe I’m actually writing in here, but I think I’m a part of the TTC2017 club! We are getting married August 2017, which is also right when I finish school. So after the honeymoon I am going to look for a job, and once I get one, then we will start (gotta get that mat leave! Haha). So I’m hoping that will be the end of 2017 :). Honestly I want to start now but between saving for a wedding and me being in school it is just not the right time!

Post # 13
3898 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2017

View original reply
themrszilla:  Im part of the 2017 TTC club too :)) we are getting married in summer 2017 and will start TTC on first cycle after wedding!

Post # 14
4027 posts
Honey bee

We will be starting TTC in January/February 2017.  We have already been married for 3 years, been togethre for 13 and are settled financially, emotionally and mentally prepared, it’s just a matter of settling in to my new position and finishing my degree. I finish my master’s degree in May 2017, so that is one of our biggest reasons to wait to TTC right now.

Post # 15
766 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

most likely late 2017 πŸ™‚

waiting until i finish nursing school and get a job πŸ™‚

The topic ‘Starting to TTC in 2017?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors