(Closed) Starting to TTC in 2017?

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 16
1154 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

We are tentatively fall 2017 (Sept/Oct/Nov). We’re getting married Oct 2016, but have a lot of student loan debt (~60k) and about 8k left on his car (mine’s paid off). We can get one of the student loans completely paid off, and the car, by August 2017, which financially opens up some wiggle room in our monthly budget. I’m hoping to cut my hours once we do have a baby, so every little bit helps. We’d also like to try to pad our emergency fund a bit more and save for the OOP birth/hospital expenses. Fiance is reluctantly agreeing to this plan…we would start on our wedding night if it were up to him but I think I’ve made a decent case about our financial timeline, which he’s agreed to haha

Post # 17
1154 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Oh, also – we’d like to have our honeymoon, plus 1-2 more vacations as a couple before TTC… Ideally one to Ireland, and one to the west coast (Vegas and California maybe!) 

Post # 18
376 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

I’ve had the worst baby fever recently (Is it 2017 yet??), but we definitely want to go on our honeymoon to Thailand over New Years first and I don’t want to be pregnant for it. So we’ll do that and from then on we’ll be trying, so January 2017…  

Post # 19
651 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

View original reply
lizziebee387:  This is why Fiance and I are waiting a few months after our wedding too! We are getting married in July 2017 and going on our honeymoon in September 2017 and there’s no way I want to be throwing up on our honeymoon!

Post # 20
376 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

View original reply
andielle:  Exactly!!! Also I would be worried about the long flight, particularly since there is no way to influence how far along I would be at the time… And despite the baby fever, I think it’ll be nice to enjoy a few months with my new husband with just the two of us. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 21
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2017 - Anthony\'s Pier 9

We will be TTC late 2017 or early 2018. We are getting married October 5, 2017 and will be going off the pill after that and letting nature take its course  and  will happen when it is meant to happen.  If he had the choice, he would have already had a baby

ive got some baby fever but I know how I am and I if we had a baby now, chances are id call off the wedding because id not want to spend the money on it because it would need to go to the baby. So that’s what’s holding me back from TTC now

Post # 22
807 posts
Busy bee

Hoping to be part of TTC in mid 2017! We just had our daughter who is almost 7 weeks old, so I’m not jumping at the idea of TTC anytime soon, but would love to try for a sibling for her in 2017! I have PCOS, so I thought it would take a while to conceive, but we were lucky and got pregnant 2x in a row (first ended in a MC). Hoping we get just as lucky the next time!

Post # 24
651 posts
Busy bee

Fiance and I just adopted a puppy and let me tell you, it helps with baby fever!

Post # 25
327 posts
Helper bee

I’m a part of this group as well! We will be TTC the first cycle after our July 2017 wedding.

My baby fever has been RAGING for years but we decided to wait until after the wedding to start TTC. We will have more disposable income and we should both REALLY be ready by then….like maybe dying for a baby.

My sister is pregnant with her first right now which is super exciting! We will have a little nephew come August. I’m thrilled for her but it has made my baby fever really take off so much worse now!

I’m so ready for a little one of our own! Hopefully we don’t have any fertility issues. It seems like every other woman I know who is TTC has fertility problems so I’ve been stressing a bit over that. We will both be 30 (a few months from 31) by the time we start TTC so I’m on a mission to pop out a few babies quickly. I want to have energy to chase my kids around!

We plan to do some preliminary fertility testing this summer to find out if there are any glaring issues so we can channel expectations based on that. I’ve already started pre-natals…can you tell I’m dying for a baby? LOL

Post # 26
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2016

I’m getting married on New Years Eve of this year!!! So January 2017 is when I can finally start ttc Ugh I cant wait!!!!

Post # 27
773 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015 - Carmen\'s Lakeview

We will be TTC late 2016/early 2017! I’ve had major baby fever since we got married (will be a year in July). Want to make sure I have permanent employment and past the probation time before trying As I just started a new job 2 weeks ago. I’m super excited though!! later this year seems so far away. I keep telling my husband that we are just “practicing” trying to make a baby right now! Haha 

Post # 28
224 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

I might be in the 2017 TTC club (getting married in 3 months woohoo!) so I am just marking my spot here ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 30
73 posts
Worker bee

Fi & I have talked about having a baby HEAPS!! We are getting married April 2017 and ideally he would like to wait a year before we start TTC but I’ve got baby fever… So we’ve decided to start late 2017 around Nov-Dec ๐Ÿ™‚ can’t wait!!!

The topic ‘Starting to TTC in 2017?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors