(Closed) Starting to TTC in 2017?

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 31
913 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2014 - Nazareth Hall

View original reply
themrszilla:  Hey there! I’m jumping onboard here too, DH and I decided to start in Jan 2017. I’ve been on the pill for 7 years, so I’ll be interested to see how I adjust when I come off of them in October. We’re both settled in our careers, working on paying off our student loans, and saving for our future little ones. We’ll have been married 2 years in November and we are SO excited!

Post # 32
350 posts
Helper bee

Us! More likely late 2017. I am starting to do my research now on ovulation etc haha 

Post # 33
527 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

View original reply
themrszilla:Β  I’m not sure if this counts.. But we might TTC #2 in 2017!! Hope I can still post here…

Β 

We got married in 2014, our beautiful baby girl was born in 2015… Now I’m planning her 1st birthday party which I’m very sad about. DH and I haven’t had an official talk about it but we should feel ready to do it all again next year πŸ™‚Β 

Β 

Congrats to you all

Post # 34
318 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

As of last night, DH and I are officially in the TTC in 2017 club! We want to start really trying in June, so that gives us a year. We felt June was perfect as we’d a) have been in our house for a year, b) I’d be graduated for a year, c) I’d be at my fulltime job for over a year, d) we’d be married for 1 1/2 years by then, and e) we’d have been together for 4 years.

I’m very excited! Currently we’re not on birth control (and haven’t been since last year), so hopefully it’ll be easy to jump right into it. I’m going to spend the next year preparing and reading, though, a lot of reading! πŸ˜€

Post # 35
264 posts
Helper bee

I hope I can join in here! We are trying for number 2 somewhere around Jan-Mar 2017! We had our little man July last year and I’m also currently planning his first birthday which is in just over 2 weeks! 😬 I literally just realised its only 6ish months away so I’m starting to think about starting up my prenaetals again in preparation. Im very excited lol

Post # 36
412 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

Ooh, can I join in here? Fiance finally hopped off the fence and has decided that he wants one more baby. 2017 is a busy year (wedding, graduation, probably buying a house), but we can start casually trying in summer/fall 2017, and if we don’t have any success by the end of the year I’ll start charting/temping/all that serious TTC stuff. DD was born in March 2014, so hopefully she gets a little brother or sister shortly after her 4th birthday πŸ™‚

Post # 37
2177 posts
Buzzing bee

We’re in this club too! DH and I originally discussed TTC after our 2 year anniversary in Sept 2017, but we bumped it up a few weeks ago to after we close on a house, which will likely be in May.

I’m in crazy baby fever but my older sister just started TTC and I think my mom would have a panic attack if her two daughters who live a 4 hour flight apart were pregnant at the same time.

What’s everyone’s pre-TTC plans? I’m super type A and feel like I need to spend the next year reading everything I can find on conception and pregnancy.

Post # 38
2168 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception/The Gallery

So weird to say, but us! We’re getting married in Sept., honeymooning right after and then planning a trip to Spain next June so we’ll stop preventing after that and really start trying around our 1st anniversary! Sometimes it feels like forever from now and other times it feels far too soon!

I’m actually off BC now and charting to avoid, which has been successful thus far (thankfully!)–it’s really not so hard and is really helping me understand my cycle better without the pressure of TTC. I am really glad I’m doing it now (though I definitely anxiously await AF each month, I do NOT want to be pregnant at our wedding or in Greece!). 

Post # 39
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2016

Hi ladies! Our plan was to always TTC in Summer of 2017. However this past week we kind of came to the realization of “what are we waiting for..??” We have a beautiful house, we are married, have a dog and a cat, steady jobs, so why wait lol?? A difference of a year will literally not do anything for us, so we have stopped using BC and whatever happens, happens!! 

Post # 40
651 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

View original reply
cocobutter02 :  Aw congrats!! I am so jealous! Lots of baby dust your way! Keep us updated. πŸ™‚

Post # 41
234 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

We are starting TTC next year. We hope to go to Europe in spring of 2017 and essentially, we’re not bringing any condoms on the trip. πŸ˜‰ I started my “TTC” journey after we graduated college. We used birth control for the first two years of marriage and for the past year (3rd year) I’ve been letting my period regulate and I’m so glad I did because it basically took a year. I’m finally at a good place again. We have a little less than a year until that trip and so I’m now trying to get things done that I want some before we TTC. Dental work, Europe, getting my health in line, getting our newly purchased home in a good place, etc. how are y’all preparing for baby to come? Honestly, most days I still don’t feel ready to start next year, but half the other time, I do. But I think it’s never too early to be doing the prep things so we’re in a good place in case a baby happens to come along. πŸ™‚

The topic ‘Starting to TTC in 2017?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors